Junior Operational Risk Manager
The time for change is now! Join a dynamic team with a modern perspective on life, work, purpose, and personal development. Learn more about how you can become a member of the UNIQA 4WARD family.
About the job:Are you a reliable, proactive team player looking for challenges in the area of Risk Management? Would you like to be listened to and get full support in your personal and professional development? If yes, then join us on our exciting journey and become part of our team!
UNIQA 4WARD is growing company, a start-up within the well-established UNIQA Group. We strongly believe that a positive and supportive atmosphere is key for successful and committed working. You can look forward to strong support from our Headquarters in Vienna.
As a Junior Operational Risk Manager, you will play a crucial role in strengthening the Risk Monitoring and Reporting team under the wings of Group Risk Management division by providing support in roll out of a group wide internal control system (ICS) and operational risk management cycle (risk identification, risk evaluation, risk monitoring and risk reporting).
A day in the life of a Junior Operational Risk Manager:
• You support your colleagues in Vienna with Operational Risk matters.
• You collect inputs from various international business units (IBUs), advise and challenge local risk reports (heat maps) received from IBUs.
• You participate in roll-outs of the newly adopted ICS approach in various IBUs across Europe.
• You support IBUs with ICS processes and documentation.
• You perform quality-checks of ICS information provided by IBUs.
• You contribute to administration and regular update of governance documents such as standards, manuals and working instructions within the responsibilities of our team.
• You use the GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance) tool for risk reporting purposes.
Your required skills and qualifications:Hard skills
• prior experience with Internal Control System is advantage
• Basic understanding of Operational Risk (Primary vs Secondary Risk)
• Solvency II knowledge – optional
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Attention to detail
• Good and clear communication skills
• Solution oriented
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer focus
• Team player
• Connecting the dots/ thinking outside of the box attitude
• Getting things done attitude
• MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
• GRC tool (Governance, Risk and Compliance)/ risk2value – optional
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, business economics, management, risk management or a related field
• Relevant professional experience is an advantage
Employee benefits:• Flexible working hours
• Brand-new office space in a new, lively part of Bratislava (located in Sky Park Offices)
• Positive working atmosphere
• International working culture
• Learning and development opportunities
• Welcoming onboarding experience
• Various employee benefits (13th salary + annual bonus, home office, social and team events)
Who we are:We are a Bratislava based start-up company within the internationally renowned UNIQA Insurance Group. In the areas of Actuarial, Risk, Security Management, HR & Brand, we provide services to the UNIQA Headquarters in Vienna and all international business units in the CEE region.
If you want to know more about the UNIQA 4WARD way click here.
One more thing:
Don’t be afraid of not having all the listed qualifications. Apply anyway! We hire for attitude. Please provide your CV in English until 31.05.2022.For other job openings, please, click here
No need to wait any longer -
Contact person: Zuzana Presalovičová, M.Sc.
contact us now
E-mail: send CV