VAT Specialist (Ref. No.: WD30078588217)
At the Johnson Controls Tax Compliance COE a position for VAT Specialist is open. The Tax Compliance COE covers both direct and indirect tax compliance processes within the EMEA region. The Tax Compliance COE is an integral part of the Johnson Controls Global Tax Organization. The center consists today of twenty five people and it continues to further specialize and grow..
What will you do:
The VAT Specialist will report to the Indirect Tax Leader located in Bratislava (Slovak Republic). Under the supervision of the Indirect Tax Leader, the VAT Specialist will be primarily responsible for completion of the entire life cycle of the VAT compliance obligations for Johnson Controls or legacy Tyco entities within EMEA
Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to gain experience in multinational company that embraces diversity, rewards hard work and inspires people to reach for more in an environment that is constantly evolving.
How will you do it:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual VAT returns for Johnson Controls/ Tyco domestic and foreign VAT registrations;
- Reconciliation of VAT accounts, creation and archiving of supporting back-up documentation for SOX purposes;
- Ensuring Vat KPIs are met;
- Close cooperation with the VAT Controller(s) on resolving possible outstanding balances and timely cash collection;
- Preparation of monthly statistical reporting (Intrastat) for Johnson Controls/ Tyco domestic and foreign VAT registrations;
- Cooperation with Indirect Tax VAT Compliance Team Leader on providing explanations and supporting documentation for yearly PWC audits;
- Support for the Continues Improvement & Data Lead in initiation and implementation of process improvements;
- Support in collecting sufficient documentation for VAT audit purposes in close cooperation with the Regional Corp Tax Team;
- Active use and supporting enhancement of eSMART tool (VAT reporting tool) in cooperation with Deloitte Brussels;
- Maintenance the central archive of all VAT related compliance data.
What we look for:
- Master’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, Law, Finance or Economics;
- Basic tax awareness / tax knowledge based on local or EU legislation (0,5 year of tax work experience or more, the period may include also previous VAT/tax internships or tax related projects at the university);
- Ability to think analytically is a MUST;
- Problem solving skills is a MUST;
- Experience with SAP and/or Oracle, Navision, iScala is a plus;
- Fluent English written and spoken (B2 level or higher);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Acces), Internet and e-mail;
- Ability to respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency ;
- Skills: self-disciplined, flexible & pragmatic
- Team player with a positive 'can do’ attitude;
- Ability to work ethically.
Besides being a diverse, international working environment Johnson Controls offers opportunities for professional growth and future career prospects for future growth, a competitive salary, regular monthly bonus after 6 months of employment, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up.
Salary compensation starting from 1100 EUR/month gross (plus an ongoing monthly bonus that starts after your first 6 months) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore insuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
If you are applying from abroad please research cost of living in Bratislava to establish your salary expectations.
Please apply using an English version of your CV
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.