Specialist VAT (Ref. No.: 166853)
What you will do
The VAT Specialist – Indirect Tax is involved in all aspects of VAT compliance and is the key support role for CORP TAX team. As a VAT Specialist you are able to work independently, but also work well in a team setting – you believe that the best work is done in teams. You are familiar with several techniques of problem solving and process improvement. You are able to maintain good working relations with both internal and external stakeholders and you always put your customer first!
How you will do it
- VAT returns
- EC sale/purchase lists
- Intrastat declarations for the EMEA region and other VAT documents
- You prepare the Reconciliation of VAT accounts and reclaims and support
- You also provide support for the regional Indirect tax managers - especially related to I/C transactions, and the Direct & Indirect Purchasing and Accounts Payable/Receivable teams and Import VAT
- Where required, you provide support to internal audit
- Bachelor's Degree in Economy or Business Academy education
- From 1 year of accounting and VAT compliance experience
- Fluent in English, other European languages, i.e. Slovak, Czech, German, Polish, Hungarian etc are a must
- Sound SAP; Oracle or iScala and MS Office skills
- Computer competency in the client-server environment using a wide range of application software
Besides being a diverse, international working environment Johnson Controls offers opportunities for professional growth and future career prospects for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Salary starting from 1000 EUR/month gross (plus a 13th month salary) based on relevant experience
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore ensuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.