Accountant - Intercompany 25% US time (Ref. No.: 160219)
What you will do
Our Record to Report team are responsible for weekly and monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts across the JCI business portfolio, whilst at the same time, ensuring that we meet our internal and external reporting and control requirements. This role provides excellent opportunities to apply existing skills in a complex and interesting environment, whilst developing your professional profile through the use of varied ERPs, directly enhancing your career potential.
How you will do it
- Follow up, investigation and resolution of discrepancies issues in cooperation with plants
- Selection of invoices to be paid, payment proposal
- Cash Application
- Month and close activities (accrual negotiation, proposal and booking)
- Follow up and resolution of intercompany out of balances during month end close
- Follow up on disputed and aged items to comply with established Key performance Indicators
- Confirmation of intercompany balances against all JCI entities
- Preparation of reports related to intercompany activity
- Experience in accounting/financial position for at least 2 years
- Good time management skills
- Fluent in English, minimum level B2
- Sufficient Excel skills to prepare well-formatted reports and make in depth analysis (vlookups, pivot, tables, etc.)
- Proactive to develop new procedures to resolve issues
- Good communication skills to negotiate with internal customers
- Team player and capable to provide individual support to customers when is needed
- SAP, Oracle, experience is preferred but not obligatory
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our compensation philosophy is to pay fairly, also considering market situation and the value employees may bring to company. The starting salary is 1000 euros per month for candidates who meet our minimum criteria. However, candidates with two plus years work experience will achieve higher earnings.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.