General Accountant with English/French/Italian/Spanish/German (Ref. No.: 163416)
What you will do
Our Record to Report team are responsible for completing general accounting transactions across the JCI business portfolio, whilst at the same time, ensuring that we meet our internal and external reporting and control requirements. This role provides excellent opportunities to apply existing skills in a complex and interesting environment, whilst developing your professional profile through the use of varied ERPs, directly enhancing your career potential.
How will you do it
- Complete General Accounting activity for a specific country and partners with the business to ensure that the business needs are being met whilst at the same time ensuring that JCI meets all its internal and external reporting and control requirements
- Complete the preparation and posting of accruals as required as a part of the monthly financial reporting process
- Complete the balance sheet reconciliation activities per service level agreement
- Review income statement and balance sheet discrepancies and escalate to management as necessary
- Perform sales and gross margin reconciliation and accompanying analysis
- Complete assigned accounting activities to support the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Assist, as needed, with internal and external audits
- Support the timely reporting of key financial information
- Monitor the performance and quality of the activities performed based on agreed Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) and Service Level Agreements (“SLAs”)
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting rules, where applicable
- Ensure compliance with JCI accounting policies, procedures and processes
- Operate within a robust SOX and internal control environment
- Degree in accounting and / or finance, local accounting certifications or partial professional accountancy qualification such as FIA/CIMA/ACCA is a plus
- Fluent English (B2/C1)
- Min 2-3 years of experience in complex accounting, preferably in the industrial products sector
- Strong Accounting background and accuracy
- Second European language (German/Spanish/Italian/French) is an advantage
- Local accounting certifications or partial professional accountancy qualification such as FIA/ CIMA/ ACCA is a plus
- Hyperion experience is a plus
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Starting from 1000 EUR/month gross (plus a 13th month salary) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore insuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.