Senior IT Project ManagerAt IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
YourRole and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing and providing expert level project management guidance for complex program and projects which are typically of higher risk (technical, organizational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance. You will lead with agility a variety of complex technology implementation projects and programs within digitally focused portfolios. You will also be responsible for working across teams to manage resources and interdependencies as required. You will be tasked with challenging situations every day and coordinating high profile projects across multiple teams. You will have the opportunity to interface with a wide variety of other teams across IBM as well as high visibility customers.
Candidates should be willing to roll up their sleeves and complete the definition and set-up work required and have a high level of ownership and accountability throughout the entire project life cycle. As a Senior Project Manager, you're expected to provide overall, day-to-day management of a specific task order or group of task orders including management of business process team members, managing scope of work, work assignments and resources across the multiple projects supporting the client. This position requires strong leadership, organization and communication skills and significant experience managing design, development, testing, implementation, integration, and operations projects.
Responsibilities will include Program or Project Management and Accountability, Business Senior Stakeholder Management, Program Governance including financials, Resource Staffing Plans (Client and internal), Schedule management and inter dependencies, Communication / Change Management planning, Coordination with other teams (IBM & Client), Deliverable review and submission, Vendor Management, leading Boards/Steering Committees, Reporting, Dynamic ability to manage customer/partner requirements and challenges - critical path identification, Risk and Issue Management and Mitigation planning.
Senior Project Manager will influence all stakeholders and others within the whole project team using their functional and technical expertise to identify and address project issues. You will act as primary source for development and distribution of the project communications both for client and internally.
We bring our global industrial-strength capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud, technology, and system integration skills. The integration of innovations and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.
Position is in Bratislava, Kosice or Banska Bystrica.
What do you need for success?
• Previous success in the field of software project delivery, software development, business analysis, project management and system integration.
• Demonstrable experience working in technically complex delivery environment with strong experience of modern delivery management methodologies.
• Strong conceptual understanding of how software is developed and how modern technology works.
• Strong business and systems analysis skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
• Ability to manage large, often remote teams across multiple sites and create a sense of teamwork by pulling together the different vendors and colleagues who may be unfamiliar with each other and from and dissimilar cultures.
• Ability to empathize and have honest professional interactions with a diverse stakeholder group to build long-lasting trusted advisory relationships including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Ability to direct the work of others and work collaboratively.
• Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
Since our organization is supporting a variety of international projects (mostly within EU), travel can take up to 0-60% or 3-4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Significant experience (5+ years) of successfully managing a range of complex, high value IT projects and programs from requirement definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
• Experience with management of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Experience of negotiating with and managing third parties.
• Experience of dealing with senior client and stakeholders within the business.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, planning, organizational and leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers.
• Fluent English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Slovak language
• German language
• Experience with Custom Software Development or Packaged Software Development
• Experience in the design, standardization and implementation of processes or process improvements
• Experience with Solution Architecture
• PMP/PMI, Prince2, CAPM/CPMP, IPMA Project Management certifications
• PMI-ACP, CSM, SAFe, PSM or ICP Agile certifications
• ITIL Service Management certification
• Experience with JIRA, ALM, PowerBI or similar reporting tools
What do we offer?
• Salary from 3500 euro depending on your skills and experience.
• Additional Days Off
• Flexible Working Conditions
• 100% Paid Sick Leave
• Critical Illness Insurance, Life & Disability insurance, Medical Center
• Personal & Career Development
• And many more