It makes sense that a company built on reinvention would look for the same thing in the people who work there. IBM is looking for people interested in transforming their experience into a career where real results are delivered for clients all over the world.
IBM IS NOW HIRING Experienced Application Architect (Ref. No.: 166136BR)
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Experienced Application Architect
This position is for SOA Architect who will be working on maintenance and further development of an already existing SOA Stack based on IBM WebSphere Technology. The individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Java based components and interfaces and have
a broad understanding of various coding methodologies, testing practices, and tools and know when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes. The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities and must be able to work
in a varied, fast paced environment.
This position is located in Bratislava or Kosice.
What do you need for your success?
• Over 5 years of demonstrated SOA architecting experience with broad exposure to current SOA technologies, i.e. Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Messaging
Middleware (ZeroMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.), Web Application hosting (WebSphere, Web Logic), API Gateway, Google Protocol Buffer, etc.)
• Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, architecture development, analysis & simulation
• Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
• Adaptable and able to pick up new technologies and design techniques
• Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized
• Team player
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering (technical), Math,
Physics, or similar. Master's Degree in Computer Science is preferred
• Extensive experience that demonstrates expert knowledge of Architectural Patterns, Design Patterns, OOP principleas, SOA environments and techniques,
JEE framework and other related frameworks as related to industry best practices for software development, EJB services, and implementation of Web
• Experience with standard data formats: HTML, XML, XML related technologies including but not limited to XSLT and XML Parsers
• Experience with relational database such as DB2 or Oracle
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following IBM products DataPower, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Designer, WebSphere
Registry/Repository, Business Modeler or Business Monitor
• Proficient in the use of IBMs SOA stack to resolve business requirements and to apply components of the SOA stack appropriately
• Knowledge of commercial and open source SOA Governance products is an advantage
• SOA certification (IBM or an Open Standard organization) is an advantage
• Working experience in iterative/agile development methods is an advantage
What benefits do we offer?
- Annual performance bonus payment
- Subsidized meal-tickets
- Special IBM discounts
- Diners club - private credit card
- Recommend-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
- Salary starting from 2100 EUR gross, depending on relevant experience
and language proficiency
- Flexible working time
- Three additional vacation days
- International environment
- Life Insurance
- Medical sanatorium
- Up to three self-recovery days
- 100% sick leave compensation
- Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
-Classroom based trainings and 5000 e-learning courses
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.