Site Reliability Engineer for Kosice
Salary3 000 EUR/monthOffered salary varies based on relevant experience and skills. Starting at 2200 EUR/m for Mid-level and 3000 EUR/m for Senior position. Annual salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
About your roleLike being around other entrepreneurial geeks? Want to play a pivotal role in the growth of one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies? Then we want to hear from you. We promise you the freedom and space you need to be creative, show off your skills, and grow your expertise.
We are looking for a bright, energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer to join our technology team. We’ve got game changing opportunities ahead of us, so if you’re looking for a position where you have the freedom to outdo yourself on a regular basis, read on.
You will be an integral part of our IT operations team and will be working closely with our technology leaders to ensure the stability and optimal performance of our production environments, to introduce operational improvements and new features to our technical infrastructure, deployment, monitoring processes and security of our production systems. You will also be designing, architecting and implementing cloud-based production systems and development environments. Are you a Systems Engineer who loves automation, or a Software Developer who loves infrastructure? Are you passionate about new technology and open source software? If so, this job is for you!
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. We work with the latest enterprise technology and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project. Now, we’re the engineering horsepower behind a fast-growing healthtech company that helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. The company has quickly become an industry leader, but its potential for positive impact is only beginning.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are constantly modernizing our technological stack in a very thoughtful, business-driven way. Our engineers gain valuable exposure to the most advanced enterprise technologies, tools and processes, while working with technologies like Spring boot for BE, React and Typescript for FE, Kotlin and Gauge for QA Automation, Docker for deployment, Terraform and AWS for scalable infrastructure. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building production-worthy software that delivers results and reliability to the entire organization. That’s where you come in.
We expect you to
● Help build tools, systems and controls that assist our Engineering, QA, and Operations teams, to deliver high-quality software
● Work with development teams and wider technology leadership to help evolve our continuous delivery process
● Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure to ensure proper SLA's are met
● Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability
● Document work associated with troubleshooting, while utilizing problem solving skills from the early stages of design all the way through identifying production issues
● Remain flexible, and exude a strong sense of ownership of uptime and system performance
● Produce results while working both independently and in a team environment
● Be detail oriented and have strong communication skills used to collaborate and keep others properly informed
● Be experienced in programming and developing software or have a strong interest in learning
● Minimum of 2 years of overall experience including experience with open source technologies, automated configuration, DevOps, or cloud automation development
● Experienced in performing systems administration and managing a Linux environment (RHEL/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
● Familiar with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, Go or similar)
● Familiar with basic networking and also web infrastructure principles and concepts (such as routing, NAT, DMZ and VPCs, DNS, load balancing, etc.)
● With exposure to configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible, and higher-level provisioning abstractions such as Terraform or CloudFormation
● Experienced in doing software development with a wide variety of open source technologies to scale, automate, and monitor or a strong interest in learning
● Experienced in managing a 24/7 SaaS infrastructure
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (B2+)
● Familiarity with Amazon / AWS services, mainly EC2, VPC, ECS/EKS, RDS, EBT is a great advantage (experience with Azure / Google Cloud suites will be useful and is a plus as well)
● Experience in creating, running and managing Docker and Kubernetes, On-premise and EKS/ECS is a major plus
● Experience in supporting and troubleshooting for the following technology components (or similar) would be considered a plus: Jenkins, GoCD, Nagios/ElasticSearch/Splunk/ Kibana, Apache httpd/Tomcat/Nginx, MySQL/Postgres, Couchbase/Mongo, LDAP and Kerberos
● Bonus points for individuals with working knowledge of building and maintaining IP-based networks (Cisco) and F5 LTM, DNS and/or iRule development experience
● Hands on experience with Nagios and creation of custom scripts to monitor all aspects of application infrastructure a plus
● Experience with VMWare/vCenter, or Openstack is preferred, but not required
If you want more
And you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.
than “just a job”.