We are looking for a bright, experienced, and motivated Site Reliability Engineer to join our technology team. We’ve got game changing opportunities ahead of us, so if you’re looking for a challenge, read on. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will primarily report to your Technical Lead.
Salary3 500 EUR/monthOffered salary varies based on relevant experience and skills. Starting at 2700 EUR/m for Mid-level and 3500 EUR/m for Senior position. Annual salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
Your roleYou will work with our software development teams to assist them in creating reliable well behaved applications and getting those applications deployed safely in production. You will be both working in application code work and our infrastructure components. You will be an important contributor to our Software Development team, and will have a voice in Software design and Architecture. You will work with the GoHealth engineering team to increase the reliability and observability of our systems. Our goal will be to provide growth and mentorship within our department. You will grow skills in both Operations and Software Engineering.
- Help build tools, systems and controls that assist our Engineering, QA, and Operations teams, to deliver high-quality software
- Work with development teams and wider technology leadership to help evolve our continuous delivery process
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure to ensure SLA’s are met
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability
- Document work associated with troubleshooting, from the early stages of design all the way through identifying production issues
- Remain flexible, and exude a strong sense of ownership of uptime and system performance
- Be detail oriented and have strong communication skills used to collaborate and keep others properly informed
- Be experienced in programming and developing software or have a strong interest in learning
15 years of experience
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. As a leader in providing technical solutions in health insurance mediation, we have a robust digital platform that covers the entire life cycle of customers and helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. We work with the cutting-edge technologies and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are systematically modernizing our technological stack. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building easily maintainable software. That’s where you come in.
- Minimum of 2 years of overall experience including experience with open source technologies, automated configuration, DevOps, or cloud automation development
- Experienced in performing systems administration and managing a Linux environment (RHEL/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
- Familiar with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, Go or similar)
- Familiar with basic networking and also web infrastructure principles and concepts (such as routing, NAT, DMZ and VPCs, DNS, load balancing, etc.)
- With exposure to configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible, and higher-level provisioning abstractions such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experienced in doing software development with a wide variety of open source technologies to scale, automate, and monitor or a strong interest in learning
- Experienced in managing a 24/7 SaaS infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (B2+)
- Familiarity with Amazon / AWS services, mainly EC2, VPC, ECS/EKS, RDS, EBT is a great advantage (experience with Azure / Google Cloud suites will be useful and is a plus as well)
- Experience in creating, running and managing Docker and Kubernetes, On-premise and EKS/ECS is a major plus
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting for the following technology components (or similar) would be considered a plus: Jenkins, GoCD, Nagios/ElasticSearch/Splunk/ Kibana, Apache httpd/Tomcat/Nginx, MySQL/Postgres, Couchbase/Mongo, LDAP
- Bonus points for individuals with working knowledge of building and maintaining IP-based networks (Cisco) and F5 LTM, DNS and/or iRule development experience
- Hands-on experience with Nagios and creation of custom scripts to monitor all aspects of application infrastructure a plus
- Experience with VMWare/vCenter, or Openstack is preferred, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we're dedicated to building an inclusive working environment. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
If you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.