Framatome Controls s. r. o. – a subsidiary of Framatome – is providing engineering services, system solutions, projects, software support and related services for nuclear power plants all over the world. The company focuses mainly on software and hardware engineering of own safety automation systems and support activities by commissioning of these technologies on site.
Framatome Controls s. r. o. in Bratislava with its 80 employees contributes to the global Framatome family with its 14000 employees worldwide.
The expertise of Framatome colleagues helps its customers to improve the safety and performance of their nuclear power plants and achieve their economic and social goals. Framatome has a wide and proven experience, having installed more than 300 instrumentation and control systems on reactors of all types worldwide.
Senior Nuclear Verification & Validation / Test Engineer
In your role as Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer Senior you will be a member of the local V&V team as a part of an international V&V team. Our V&V section is in charge of verification and validation of software and hardware of safety automation systems used on nuclear power plant. Our role is to check the technical correctness, completeness and consistency of design deliverables according to regulations required for nuclear power plants worldwide.
As a V&V Engineer, you will have a project abroad assigned to you.
In collaboration with an international small team, your missions will be :
- verification of technical correctness, completeness and consistency of design deliverables in any phase of the project,
- preparation of test plans and test procedures (development of test automation software and automatic test scripts),
- elaboration of change impact analysis of the design changes in relation with tests
- performance of test simulations (using software tools and simulators), test performance on Test Bay or during Commissioning Phase on the power plant
- analysis and presentation of test results (elaboration of test reports) and contribution to design and phase reviews
- reporting of the budget and schedule adherence
After developing the skills in different V&V activities there is a high potential to become a V&V team leader for a small team and a V&V system leader for all V&V activities.
- Master's degree in Technical Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering)
- Fluent technical English. Slovak is not mandatory
- Basic experience in Linux and usage of command line
- Basic experience with Python, C, C++ or other object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge about Instrumentation & Control Systems is an advantage
- Professional experience in the field of software testing, safety related system or any kind of simulation at least 3 years
- Elaboration of technical documents in English
- Experience with technical review of documents is an advantage
- Ability to learn by yourself supported by a know-how transfer, and share your knowledge
- Analytical mind: ability to identify, describe and resolve the problems, and to present clear information verbally and in written form
- Initiative spirit and creative spirit
- Technical rigorousness and focus on details
- Ability to take technical responsibilities, lead people and help them to grow professionally
- Desire to invest in yourself sustainably
- Willingness to travel for business trips (< 3 months)
We offer:Joining Framatome Controls means...
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects,
- Being part of a dynamic team, in a global and market-leading company
- Having access to a wide range of professional and personal development opportunities:
• During the first weeks/months, you will be accompanied by your manager, senior colleagues and your team to develop all necessary competencies
• You will have the possibility to develop specific skills by attending specific trainings abroad (mainly with Framatome Germany or France ) or by meeting international colleagues on business trips.
• You will have a language training allowance possibility (English, French or German language)
- Competitive salary (1900EUR gross/month* (see below))
- 13th Salary
- Yearly salary review
- Annual performance bonus
- Welcome bonus
- Bonus for successful referral of new employee
- Meal vouchers fully paid by the company
And because also we care about the well-being at work of our collaborators:
- We will give you recognition for your work,
- We will take care of your work-life balance by offering flexible working time, with the possibility to work from home (up to 3 days per week)
- Flexible working time uring the week between 6 AM and 6 PM by respecting core hours at the workplace from 9 AM to 3 PM in order to reach your daily hours (8h/day) during the month.
- Parking slots nearby (we are also accessible by public transport - tram line 4, 25 minutes from Bratislava city center)
*The above-mentioned wage is the basic salary for the advertised position, but we carefully consider your skills, professional qualifications, and experience in our compensation package.
Our goal is to pay the employees fairly.