Compute strategy and Standards Systems Engineer (Ref. No.: 426421)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25, 851 01 Bratislava 5
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- • Consults with senior IT management on the design of moderately complex systems and projects. May consult with leadership on emerging technologies. Supports existing business systems applications. Performs additional job duties as required.
• Work with the Architecture and Engineering, Capacity Planning, and various departments, developing road map based on existing capabilities, standards, business directives for x86 HW and virtualization for the global organization. Provide technical support and/or facilitate vendor support where needed during development and/or implementation of standards With the assistance of various departments, develop growth plans for systems, including but not limited to storage, networks, and virtual server farms. Develop and maintain end-of-support, and end-of-life for deployed standards. Manage the overall function to meet any service level agreements with budgetary constraints Propose cost effective technical solutions to address business challenges. Update and maintain Virtualization x86 System Standards, explore and develop new standards like RHEV, KVM, SDDC. Other duties as assigned such as special projects requiring additional support for critical deadlines, etc.
Is responsible for maintaining the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the systems environment. Monitors systems, responds to problems and plans for growth. Provides in depth systems analysis. Designs, installs, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots complex operating systems software and related program products. Provides technical consulting on the use and integration of applications into the operating environment. Performs additional job duties as required.
- Other benefits
- • Money and bonuses
Meal vouchers – fully covered by FDS
Diners club - private credit card without fees
Bratislavská mestská karta without fees
Contribution to pension plan
Health care - Private medical center
Life and Accident Insurance
25 full paid sick leave days per year
5 sick days
Bottomless drinks, coffee and tea in your office
• Work-life balance
Flexible working time
Leisure time events with your colleagues
• Your development
English language courses
Global University with thousands of e-learning courses
Long term career development
Hard & Soft skills trainings
Possibility of internal transfer to foreign branch Office
- Contract type
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Intermediate (B1)
- Brief description of the company
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
First Data’s International division is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With more than eight billion transactions annually and more than 70 million card accounts on file outside the U.S., First Data powers the payments value chain across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting clients around the world with offices in 34 countries.
We help businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: credit and debit card issuing and acquiring, point of sale terminals and deployment services, gift card and loyalty solutions, eCommerce, information and analytics solutions, card production and mailing, mobile solutions and more.
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals