It makes sense that a company built on reinvention would look for the same thing in the people who work there. IBM is looking for people interested in transforming their experience into a career where real results are delivered for clients all over the world.
IBM IS NOW HIRING DevOps EngineerWould you like to start your career in international company?
The world nowadays is changing faster than ever. Technology and data are reshaping industries and our lives. IBM’s access to state of the art analytics, machine learning (Watson), cloud, blockchain, etc. along with our affinity to experiment and pilot make this a truly unique opportunity to engage, learn, and lead.
New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. We are seeking a professional with passion, technical background and with an experience in DevOps practices to join our complex organization. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to grow your career with the world's largest IT company with over 100 years of history and reputation as IBM is.
Are you ready for?
- As a DevOps Engineer in our organization, you will be part of an agile team which is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and automating a 24x7 enterprise global internal IBM application.
- You will use your IT and operations knowledge and experience in order to bridge the gap between IT operations and application development.
- Focus will be on transforming a Legacy Mainframe environment, PL1 - Java coded, into more advanced and modern architecture following the SaaS approach.
- You will provide expertise and coaching for the team in all matters related to environments setup and maintenance, development, deployment, building and release processes.
- We expect a DevOps Engineer to be able to write code using the eXtreme Programming techniques (TDD, pair programming, code review, etc.), deployment pipeline (as a code) and maintain their environments and infrastructure (with the new IaaC technique).
What is application you will support?
-CHIS (Contract handling International Solution) is being one of the most complex and robust application through which is processed more then 5.0 Billion USD a year, supporting currently 74 countries globally and in 2017 we expect to board another set of countries.
-Over the last two decades CHIS has evolved from a tactical Europe contract management solution to the strategic WW application covering the Technology Support Services (TSS) proposal and contract management.
-The CHIS application suite supports a broad range of user groups and covers the complete lifecycle for TSS contract management from initial proposal creation until billing.
-From a technical perspective, CHIS Application Suite is a mix of technologies, the core applications is Legacy (CFL and PLI on z/OS, IMS), in addition we have a variety of user front end tools (mainly Java applications and a few Web applications).
- Build your career path with us.
- Experience a friendly working environment
- Enjoy our innovative working ways
- Be ready to be empowered
- Try Agile methodology on daily basis.
What do you need for your success?
- Excellent understanding of DevOps best practices, approaches and methodologies, able to create necessary agile DevOps metrics/KPI for measuring and assessing maturity
- Experience in design and maintenance of internal and/or external Mainframe/Legacy applications and solutions
- Experience in design modern enterprise systems with micro services architecture, events driven architecture, CQRS model, enterprise system integrations, containers orchestration, ESB, etc.
- Practical experience in leading the design and implementation phases for new and/or existing products, with a focus on providing technical expertise for successful execution.
- Designing and building PaaS, IaaS and Hybrid cloud architectures that are built for availability, load and scalability (Bluemix, SoftLayer and on-premises environments) with the new “as a code” solutions
- Hands-on experience in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of (cloud) infrastructure.
- Knowledge in designing and building solutions using Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar tool with TDD approach.
- Ability to code and script automation tools (Python, golang, etc)
- Ability to translate business processes into IT solutions
- Experience as IT operations engineer (or related field)
- Experience working in Agile environment with eXtreme Programming developer workflow & comfortable with frequent releases
- Strong communication skills and ability to align organization on complex technical decisions in a “scaled agile” environment
- Ability to drive organizational design and change effectively
Automation platform like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins or similar setup, admin and plugin development,and pipelines - code with Python/Golang
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.