Cloud DevOps Engineer (Platform Engineer)Apply Now
Date posted: 22.9.2023
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Salary: 2 800 EUR/monthAs a motivated employee, you should be compensated appropriately. The minimum salary for this position is € 2800 per month (full time), but your final remuneration package may be higher depending on your qualifications and experience.
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
At Takeda, we are creating a future-ready organization that uses data and digital to meet the needs of patients, our people, and the planet.
We need your help to make this happen. Join our new Innovation Capability Center (ICC) in Bratislava, Slovakia.
In this role at our state-of-the-art center, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and create solutions that will benefit patients around the world. Become the heart of our internal innovation engine.
At Takeda we unite in diversity.
Takeda is committed to creating an inclusive workplace, where individuals are recognized for the diverse backgrounds and abilities they bring to our company. We are continually improving workplace experience and accessibility for everyone, and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as an important contributor to our Team.
A Cloud DevOps Engineer (Platform Engineer) is responsible for building and maintaining data solutions using cloud-native tools and infrastructure-as-code. They work closely with product and engineering teams to understand their needs and build data infrastructure to support complex data use cases. To excel in this role, the ideal candidate should have a strong background in cloud/software engineering, experience with AWS and its underlying services, and a passion for big data architecture and solutions.
• The data infrastructure team builds products and tools for other teams at Takeda, such as machine learning and analytics tools or serverless data pipelines. We make decisions that have a significant impact on Takeda, and there is a lot of work to be done to make Takeda’s data engineers' and scientists’ work easier and our platform more reliable and fully featured.
• Building data solutions and in driving new processes using cloud native tooling and infrastructure-as-code.
• Data infrastructure engineers pair with product and engineering teams to understand their needs and build data infrastructure to help them solve complex data use cases; creating practical, useful, and flexible tools, processes, and code to help us deliver this at scale to a huge swath of data projects within Takeda is our primary goal.
• Building data infrastructure is one thing and maintaining is another; our team must do both, so knowledge and experience across the infrastructure stack is critical.
• Our team is highly cross-functional, and collaboration across all mediums with business stakeholders, software engineers, data scientists, and data engineers across all of Takeda’s business units requires excellent communication skills.
Employee perks, benefits
At Takeda, you may build your career, while contributing to better people’s lives. Expect trust driven culture built around Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. Joining ICC will give you access to high-end technology, training and colleagues who will support your growth.
As a motivated employee, you should be compensated appropriately. The minimum salary for this position is € 2800 per month (full time), but your final remuneration package may be higher depending on your qualifications and experience.
Here are a few benefits our employees are enjoying at Takeda. To get a full picture of what we are offering, go to bit.ly/icc-bts-benefits
• Medical - Premium medical care
• Bridge days
• Summer Hours
• Multisport Card
Your application and any and all conversations that occur with the recruiter, HR, and the hiring manager as part of that application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
Personality requirements and skills
• 3+ years of experience in public cloud engineering – AWS preferably, Azure, GCP
• IAM, CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, Redshift, AWS DevOps Stack, FSx, RDS..
• Data migration experience AWS AppFlow
• AWS CLI and using Boto3, AWS DMS are plus
• Alternatively, to first point, relevant DevOps and Infrastructure Admin experience
• FinOps or SysOps experience, Active Directory
• IaaC experience (Terraform preferably) or Containerization is plus
• Experience with scripting (e.g.: bash or python) is plus
• Client facing experience, communicating complex topics clearly and concisely
Brief description of the company
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
Takeda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are taking a giant step forward to create a future-ready organization that evolves at the speed of science and technology, to meet the needs of patients by seeking and incorporating novel digital capabilities, data, and agile methodologies. Our aim is to provide digital solutions that are personalized to each patient’s unique needs and health circumstances. With individual care at the center, we can support patients in actively managing their personal care journey – from the moment they are diagnosed through treatment and beyond. Our Digital and IT team plays an integral role in accelerating this exciting journey.
E-mail: send CV