Health & Safety Manager (m/f/d) (Ref. No.: 2138-32496694)
syncreon Slovakia s.r.o.
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager, based in Nitra, to plan, direct and coordinate the Health and Safety program at the facility. You will be responsible for improving all relevant processes within your field of work through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. It's an exciting time to join the syncreon team!
About the Role
How you will contribute
- Identify, design and develop company health and safety management systems, training programs, and procedures as well as enforcing regulatory regulations and company policies.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements. Provide technical safety and health support and information to all employees to ensure employees are operating in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Coordinate and administer safety training initiatives for the company to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT (if applicable) and all other regulatory requirements. Understand DOT compliance and regulations (if applicable) as well as EPA and environmental regulations (if applicable).
- Coordinate risk assessment and accident investigation activities including record keeping. Analyze risk assessments, near miss, and accident data to present to the senior management team.
- Lead health and safety meetings, present data, record actions, and maintain the progress on the actions. Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Administer mandatory environmental, health and safety training and ensure all newly hired employees, agency employees, contractors, visitors and transferred employees receive proper training.
- Work with the operational teams to improve the working environment, reducing the impacts to the employee from operational activities. Make recommendations on process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Conduct internal audits, work place inspections, and health & safety tours to the prescribed frequency ensuring compliance to audit standards. Work with auditors and vendors to answer findings and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance. This will include property in and around the facility. Review plans and specifications for development of new machinery, equipment or processes to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Manage team of HSE Specialists (hiring, coaching, performance assessment and team development...)
- Closely interact with other syncreon department managers as well as customer representatives in all areas of related activities.
- Directly Report to Plant Manager
Employee perks, benefits
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package. For this role we offer a minimum salary of € 3000/month.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
Your Key Qualifications
- Degree in Occupational Safety and health or related field, health and safety experience or exposure to health and safety in a fast paced warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements as it pertains to Federal, State, Provincial and local agencies.
- Experience developing and administering health and safety programs.
- OSHA 10 Hour or Basic Knowledge of Plant Safety and Current First Aid/CPR First Responder Training a plus.
- Ability to work and be flexible and available for on call hours before and/or after normal business hours in addition to off-shift hours as required.
- Computer literate – MS applications.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal (procedures, presentations and training). Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process, may be
required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background
information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of
required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with
the applicable local legislation.
Brief description of the company
Syncreon je špecializovaný poskytovateľ integrovaných logistických služieb globálnym priemyslom. Poskytujeme vysoko prispôsobené end-to-end logistické a supply chain riešenia kritické pre úspech zákazníka. Best-in-class riešenia, leading edge technológie. Inovatívne myslenie a design zaručujú dôležité šetrenia nákladov a silnú kompetitívnu výhodu širokej zákazníckej základni, pozostávajúcej z firiem v rôznych sektoroch, ako automotive a technology. Syncreon je partnerom OEMs spoločnostiam, ako Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler, BMW, Audi and Harley Davidson. syncreon Slovakia s.r.o. je nová spoločnosť na Slovenskom trhu a je interným dodávateľom logistických a supply chain riešení pre Jaguar Land Rover v Nitre.