Engineering Manager (m/f/d) (Ref. No.: 2143-32495606)
syncreon Slovakia s.r.o.
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Interested in joining a dynamic and growing 3PL as an Engineering Manager (m/f/d) where lots of challenges await? For our team, based in Nitra, working on continuous improvements, efficiencies and layout, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Manager (m/f/d) with a strong background in supply chain management.
About the Role
How you will contribute
- Facilitate the application of lean principles and apply lean tools, including standardized work, 5S visual factory, total productive maintenance, pull systems, value stream mapping, etc.
- Manage the engineering functions for assigned primary areas of focus, projects, and improvement activities, including processes, equipment, work standards, and facilities. Supervise and be held responsible for one or more corporate engineering resources in their daily activities.
- Participate in interviews and evaluation of new engineering recruits, as required and take on responsibility of ongoing training and support of these plant and Corporate resources.
- Assist with ongoing development and enhancement of standardized engineering tools and methods. Participate in departmental budget and manpower planning as well as strategic planning initiatives as required.
- Direct the implementation of work standards through time studies and other accepted methods.
- Make informed decisions related to the purchase or lease of capital equipment, including forklifts, tooling, lift assists, generators, compressed air systems, racking, sweepers/ scrubbers, compactors, and miscellaneous items pertaining to specific projects.
- Recommend and implement new and / or improve existing error proofing methods and technology.
- Obtain quotes, perform cost analysis and manage contractors working on various installations and facility construction.
- Oversee maintenance of equipment and facilities while institutionalizing TPM methodology in accordance with company standards. Manage the project equipment budget and report ongoing status to Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
Employee perks, benefits
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package. For this role we offer a minimum salary of € 3000/month.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field of study. Master’s preferred.
- Experience utilizing supply chain/logistics concepts as well as executing lean processes in material handling and light manufacturing.
- Experience in Project Management and managing multiple projects simultaneously with little to no supervision.
- Strong organization skills and initiative with the ability to recognize and evaluate problems, determine the best resolutions to the problems, and able to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process, may be required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with the applicable local legislation.
Brief description of the company
Syncreon je špecializovaný poskytovateľ integrovaných logistických služieb globálnym priemyslom. Poskytujeme vysoko prispôsobené end-to-end logistické a supply chain riešenia kritické pre úspech zákazníka. Best-in-class riešenia, leading edge technológie. Inovatívne myslenie a design zaručujú dôležité šetrenia nákladov a silnú kompetitívnu výhodu širokej zákazníckej základni, pozostávajúcej z firiem v rôznych sektoroch, ako automotive a technology. Syncreon je partnerom OEMs spoločnostiam, ako Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler, BMW, Audi and Harley Davidson. syncreon Slovakia s.r.o. je nová spoločnosť na Slovenskom trhu a je interným dodávateľom logistických a supply chain riešení pre Jaguar Land Rover v Nitre.