Logistics Engineer (Ref. No.: 1968-31905773)
syncreon Slovakia s.r.o.
2 000 EUR/month From 2000 EUR per month
2 000 EUR/month From 2000 EUR per month
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Join our Launch team as a Logistics Engineer and let´s grow with us!
About the Role
How you will contribute
- Provide Leadership and Support to Continuous Improvement initiatives at the plant level including; work studies to analyze work systems, developing standards, allowances and/or improvements to existing systems, providing input for the development of functional layouts that minimize space, material transit, distance, and provide flexibility for expansion, and utilize Simulation software to analyze and/or improve work systems.
- Assess ergonomic factors in work systems and provide solutions/design factors to minimize RMI (Repetitive Motion Injuries) and accommodate the functional range of workers.
- Develop and implement lean engineering tools and review work methods, work station designs and documenting process methods. Will conduct analysis and make recommendations to improve labor utilization, material flow and capacity planning. Process simulation, project management and methods analysis.
- Utilize and analyze Lean Standards in everyday assignments including: Line Balancing, PFEP, Value Stream Maps, Engineering Studies, and Resource Requirement Sheets.
- Provide input for the development of Process FMEA’s and Control Plans for existing and potential work systems.
- Research, justify, and recommend the purchase of capital expenditures.
- Provide support as necessary for STD Work, 5s, TPM, JIT, and Mistake Proofing.
- Update layouts using Auto CAD LT.
- B.O.M. Updates – Regularly maintain and update Bill of Materials. Review engineering changes orders, running changes, model year changes and update BPM’s as necessary.
- Assist in new business launches at both customer and syncreon plant in area of expertise.
- Work scheduled shifts with predictable and reliable attendance, adhering to department schedule, including weekends and evenings, when the needs of the business demand, being flexible to work any shift changes by our customer both internal and external
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline required; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience performing Industrial Engineering techniques and time studies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills (variety of design, drawing, presentation, Microsoft office etc.)
Employee perks, benefits
- Working in a stable international logistics company in the automotive industry
- Career opportunities in a new company that will grow sharply
- Training on position and SAP system
- A safe and modern work environment
- Work only for one change, one year will bring the second shift
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2) and Slovak - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience
Internal logistics, warehouse management, automotive
Personality requirements and skills
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
syncreon delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon. We supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve. For over 60 years syncreon has provided unique and innovative expertise in providing highly integrated, warehousing management, inbound to manufacturing, reverse and repair, export packing, aftermarket services, fulfilment services and transport. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and superb career opportunities. For more information, visit www.syncreon.com
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process, may be required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with the applicable local legislation.
Brief description of the company
Syncreon je špecializovaný poskytovateľ integrovaných logistických služieb globálnym priemyslom. Poskytujeme vysoko prispôsobené end-to-end logistické a supply chain riešenia kritické pre úspech zákazníka. Best-in-class riešenia, leading edge technológie. Inovatívne myslenie a design zaručujú dôležité šetrenia nákladov a silnú kompetitívnu výhodu širokej zákazníckej základni, pozostávajúcej z firiem v rôznych sektoroch, ako automotive a technology. Syncreon je partnerom OEMs spoločnostiam, ako Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler, BMW, Audi and Harley Davidson. syncreon Slovakia s.r.o. je nová spoločnosť na Slovenskom trhu a je interným dodávateľom logistických a supply chain riešení pre Jaguar Land Rover v Nitre.