Senior Perl / Oracle Developer (Ref. No.: JO-1810-2150)
Information about the position
- Place of work: Bratislava
- Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards: 2800 EUR/month
- Contract type: full-time
The Software developer is accountable to Operational and Engineering Delivery Management and is responsible for assigned applications in terms of implementation, technical documentation, bug fixing, new releases and enhancement deployment.
- Capacity management
- Scale applications to fulfill needs from long term perspective. Provide scalable design capable accommodate and serve to client portfolio
- Backup for other team members in case of non-availability
- Cost management
- Ensure all services could billed properly at the end of month close. In case of need include billing engine within the application. ( report of usage)
- Problem management
- Overall technical ownership for designated applications including: Security, Change and Problem Management responsibilities
- Change management
- Coordination with application owners and change managers
- Implementation of changes within defined parameters/ scope
- Available as an escalation point to assist team members
- Identification of technical problems, actively participate on ongoing escalations and their resolutions
- Expert knowledge of Perl, ability develop complex code structures with integration to other app blocks.
- Expert knowledge with at least one IDM tool, advanced principles and logic behind user account mgmt.
- Expert knowledge of versioning, GITHUB etc.
- Advanced security coding knowledge, best practice how to prevent known attacks. ( data exfiltration, injection , MIM .. )
- Advanced expertise with php, apache, snmp, smtp, soap, tcp/ip, udp, icmp
- Advanced knowledge of designing, developing and supporting Production-grade applications
- Advanced knowledge of databases ( Oracle , Mysql ,)
- Management and administration of LINUX/UNIX/Windows systems
- Expertise with software releases, production enablement.
- Experience with web server configuration (Apache), SQL databases, and other common web stack technologies
- Ability to produce and lead project plans related to application refresh/upgrades
- Ability to handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development
- Fluent English
- Ability to work in a global team
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Annual two-day retreat / kick-off meeting in Slovak mountains (usually held towards the end of January)
- Open and friendly informal atmosphere
- Flat management structure
- Selling solutions that are unique and demanded on the market with strong inbound marketing support
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Brief description of the company
Soitron is one of the largest info-communication integrators and IT service providers in the CEE. We provides products and services in the field of Robotics and Process Automation, the Internet of Things (IoT), IT Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Solutions, IT Security, Services and Outsourcing, IT Consulting and Applications. Soitron, s.r.o. is a member of the SOITRON Group, with more than 800 international experts and facilities in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Turkey, Bulgaria, Poland and the UK. We offer a unique experience in IT field and possibility to grow professionally in an international environment.
Main focus of the company's activities
Information technology, computer programming, web portals
Information about the selection process
Expected date of completion of the selection process
14 January 2019 (there are still 26 more days)