VMware Engineer (Ref. No.: JO-1810-2151)
Information about the position
- Place of work: Bratislava
- Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards: 2500 EUR/month
- Contract type: full-time
VMware engineer will be responsible for Configuring and managing VMware virtualization environment (vSphere 5.5, 6.0, vCAC/vRA, ESX 5.5, 6.0).
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Extensive VMware Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage VMware environment, including Datacenter cluster(s) and managed by vCenter
- VCA Data Center (and/or Cloud) certification
- Demonstrated effective project management experience
- Demonstrated Linux System Administration skills
- Knowledge and working experience with Windows (Preferred 2008 or later versions) and Active Directory
- Network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center environment
- PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Database Administration Skills (Preferred: MS SQL and Linux SQL)
- Enjoys a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
- Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Verbal and written communication skills * Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
- Ability to work flexible hours
WHAT WE OFFER:
- To work for modern Slovak company, who adhere philosophy of family company
- Opportunity of career development (90% of careers rises are from internal sources)
- Company support of employees education
- Huge benefits program, with possibility to personalize it according to your preferences
- Support in life situations (for example marriage, child birth etc.
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Brief description of the company
Soitron is one of the largest info-communication integrators and IT service providers in the CEE. We provides products and services in the field of Robotics and Process Automation, the Internet of Things (IoT), IT Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Solutions, IT Security, Services and Outsourcing, IT Consulting and Applications. Soitron, s.r.o. is a member of the SOITRON Group, with more than 800 international experts and facilities in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Turkey, Bulgaria, Poland and the UK. We offer a unique experience in IT field and possibility to grow professionally in an international environment.
Main focus of the company's activities
Information technology, computer programming, web portals