Performance Engineer for Industrial Compressors
We are a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. By combining the real and the digital worlds, we empower our customers to transform their industries and markets, helping them to transform the everyday for billions of people.
Job description, responsibilities and dutiesSiemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Task and competences:
Identification of energy savings in compressor systems using modelling, simulation and machine learning techniques.
Generating comprehensive analysis of compressor systems and communicating this analysis in well written reports and presentations.
Strong understanding of industrial compressed air systems and their operating parameters.
- Auto Sequencing controls
- Network sequencing
- Pressure Band controls
Capable of identifying improvements to compressor systems and understanding the full impact of any changes made.
Hands on experience in data analysis using python/R/MATLAB/julia and time series data sets and communicating the analytical results.
Familiar with the techniques used in mathematical modelling and simulation of industrial systems and an understanding of discrete event simulation.
Existing knowledge on Machine Learning and/or a keen interest in data science topics as they relate to solving engineering problems.
Engages with end customers and with internal communication partners
Supports training activities for local team
- Mandatory skills:
• Minimum 3 years industrial operations / consulting or related experience, working with Compressed Air Systems and other industrial machines
• Knowledge of the theory and operation of Compressed Air Systems and their control systems
• Ability to solve technical problems self reliantly
• Candidate needs to have pro-active attitude and be willing to enhance his capabilities
• Technical overview in IT systems
• Presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information.
Nice to have skills:
• Good knowledge about discrete event simulation
• Basic knowledge in Machine learning
• Basic programming skills in python/R/MATLAB/Julia or another high-level language
Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Required education, skills and personality requirementsRequired education
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
We offer• Work-life balance - flexible working hours and hybrid working model
• Free parking at secured parking house
• Brigde days (generally 5 days /year), Sick days (3 days /year), additional paid leave
• Sick leave compensation (up to 100% of salary, generally 20 days/year)
• Working with newest technologies + all projects run in agile methodology (we use SAFe)
• You can attend various international conferences (e.g., AWS)
• Cafeteria system – BenefitPlus generally 300 points/€
• Financial benefits –refferal bonus (up to 2 000€), meal contributions, childbirth bonus of 200€, contribution for attending a preschool facility in the amount of 200€ (within Cafeteria system - BenefitPlus), payment of entry fee of representative sports activities
• Contribution to 3rd pillar pension - progressive with length of employment (up to 3%)
• Share Matching program - after the employment trial period - opportunity to invest in the purchase of Siemens shares
• HEALTHY BACK PROGRAM = we offer ergonomic workplace (an electrically operated sit-stand desk, ergonomic chairs)
• Wellbeing program, Health Day , team-building program
• Work anniversary present and life anniversary contribution
• Valuable gift on the occasion of retirement
• Employee loans - for employees with an employment relationship of more than 3 years
• 2 SIM cards with discounted employee flat rate aslo for family members
• Work in a socially responsible company with the opportunity to participate in charitable projects
• We will support you! (Trainings, certificates, development internally and externally with individual approach based on your needs and request)