SAP Technical IT Application Manager US Time Zone (Remote) (Ref. No.: 195638)
About usSiemens Healthineers
Siemens Healthineers tvorí od roku 2001 medicínsky softvér. Tím spoločnosti má viac ako 400 členov v Bratislave, v Žiline a Košiciach, pričom úzko spolupracuje s ďalšími medzinárodnými tímami.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
As technical SAP IT-Application-Manager you will be part of a global Technical Support Team with focus on SAP Service Operations, ensuring that all mission critical SAP systems will be in best possible shape, running with best performance & highest availability, and are in full compliance with Quality and Information Security regulations.
Being the key contact for the Service Owner and his proxy, the functional IT-Application Manager, you will not only ensure that the technical system documentation is comprehensive and up-to-date, but also own the responsibility for major incident related business continuity management, coordinating restoration of service activities.
Your role will include coordination of & intense collaboration with external Service Providers, who are responsible for DC hosting / operation and for functional Application Management. In this context, you are acting as a Service Manager for SAP service operations.
With detailed in-depth knowledge of SAP platform technology and standards, you will be the technical subject matter expert, supporting, consulting and guiding team members & project teams with respect to technical topics. In case of technically driven upgrade projects, you will be taking over the role of a technical lead.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Assuring best in-class service operations in close collaboration with service providers (int/ext)
- Day-to-day technical Service Management
- Operational accountability to ensure best performance and operational stability of our SAP landscapes, while keeping them in full compliance with Information Security regulations
- Primary contact for Functional IT App Mgr's for any operational and general technical driven topics
- Supporting & managing escalations of critical incidents (with root-cause in technical area)
- Ensuring that technical system documentation is up to date
- Ensuring that adequate Information / Cyber Security protection measures & concepts are in place
- Guarantee that Information Security health checks get conducted, security get identified and appropriate mitigation measures will get taken
- Handling of Information Security related Exception Requests
- Maintenance of technical records in central CMDB and related IT-tools & applications
- Ensuring proper communication of downtimes related to technical changes
- Close collaboration with technical solution design & system architecture team
- Ownership for implementation of technical changes, e.g. SAP kernel, HANA version changes
- Handling of Change Requests, acting as Change Manager, in process & in tools
- Approval of Emergency Changes as proxy to the Service / System Owner
- Representing team in projects, ensuring 360-degree coverage of all technical aspects
- Acting as primary technical contact in case of IT audits, ITGC monitoring,
- Supporting reporting and controlling, e.g. SLA’s, Licensing compliance, CERT reporting
- Ensuring that Siemens standards will be followed
- Identify processing & performance optimization opportunities, driving implementation
- Identify automation opportunities and drive implementation
- Support with operational Incident & related Problem Management,
in case Service Providers could not resolve issues, acting as 3^rd level Support
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge/Skills:
University degree in engineering / computer science or similar
At least 5 to 8 years of experience in SAP Basis area
Excellent SAP Netweaver skills, solid SAP HANA expertise
In-depth knowledge of SAP related security concepts
Proven experience in dealing with major incident / escalation and continuity management
Must be able to demonstrate sound functional understanding of the SAP technical framework
General Technical Skills:
- Must be proficient with concepts of SAP architecture
- Solid skills in the following areas
- Operating System skills (Unix/Linux)
- Network Skills (TCP/IP, VPN, NAT, DNS, Firewalling, Protocols and Ports)
- standard encryption methods (PKI, SSL, SNC)
- Scripting capabilities (Bash, SAP HANA SQL) would be beneficial
- At least basic knowledge of ITIL framework
- Must be able to demonstrate solid in-depth expertise in technical SAP Basis area
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in technical Service Management
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively in a multi-cultural environment. Must possess the ability to collaborate remotely with the functional teams in Germany and the USA.
German Language skills would be very helpful, but are not mandatory.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working with very little supervision
- Must be capable of taking initiative, with a firm understanding of the final goal to be achieved
- Must not only be an excellent team player, but also show willingness to take over the lead
- Very good understanding of Service Management, especially dealing with external service providers
- Adjustable standing desk as a standard
- MSDN license for each developer with prepaid access to AZURE
- Free access to PLURALSIGHT – the WBT platform
- Team building program - 2 days adventure offsite meeting for all employees every year, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
- Participation on world famous IT conferences like Microsoft IGNITE for best employees
- Wide project portfolio in healthcare domain and job rotation within company (Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare IT services, …)
- Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
- Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
- Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
- Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Required education, skills and personality requirementsRequired education
University education (Bachelor's degree)