Software Developer C/C++, Python - Multiple positions
Place of work: Bratislava, Slovakia (Job with occasional home office)
What we doCome create the technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What are your job dutiesAs a Development Engineer, you will work on the development and evolution of software for IP routers. You will have a chance to participate in the development of leading IP products. You will have the opportunity to use your creativity and engineering experience to improve the development and test environment, procedures and the products themselves.
As part of our team, you will:
• Develop features that will evolve the IP router products
• Collaborate with the test team to deliver your features with exceptional quality and to maintain it during their lifetime
• Be in close contact with the other engineers and teams
• Understand the challenges of SW design for high availability systems
• Be able to cope with the responsibility of delivering a feature you committed to
What we are looking forWe are looking for junior and senior developers as well as fresh graduates with a programming background. The key is a passion for software development and finding joy in programming.
We count on you have:
• A good understanding and experience with programming and debugging in C, C++ or Python.
• Experience with Linux (command line) including basic scripting
• Experience with some versioning systems (preferably GIT)
• Relevant experience with IP protocol family and routing
• Fluent English knowledge – verbal and written as well
• University degree
Only CVs in English will be considered for the selection process.
In case you would like to work with us, please apply through the following link:
What we offer• Wage (gross): from 2000 EUR/month with completed master’s degree
• Financial contributions, such as life insurance, private health care, private pension plan - 3rd pillar retirement savings, salary compensation during illness leave (PN), life events (marriage, childbirth/adoption), meal allowance above the law
• Time benefits, such as 3 sick days, extra 5 days off, flexible working time and hybrid way of working (2 days office, 3 days home-office)
• Development benefits, a variety of learning, project & career opportunities
• Besides these, we are offering a casual & innovative culture, free refreshments & fruits in the workspace and for sure, the excitement of having an impact across the most important internet companies.