Internship for Software Engineer
Place of work: Bratislava
What we doCome create the technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What are your job dutiesAs part of our team, you will:
• Develop systems, tools and applications used by developers and testers using C/C++, Python, bash
• Work on a small piece of the large system (codebase), read and understand existing code
• Maintain existing test scripts
• Work in Linux environment
• Work with different versioning systems like GIT/CVS and test automation environment
• Practice your algorithmic knowledge and develop your programming skills
• Use your knowledge of protocols (TCP/IP) and IP Routing
What we are looking forWe are looking for university students in their final years of studies, who are interested to learn and gain experience in developing software.
We count on you have:
· Ongoing university studies in your final 3 years of studies (3rd to 5th grade). We are looking for our new team member with a background in Engineering and Technology / Information Technology / Telecommunications or with other university degrees from technology studies
· At least intermediate (B2) level of English language knowledge – verbal and written as well
· Programming languages - C/C++, Python, Bash
· Knowledge of programming algorithms, TCP/IP protocols and IP Routing
· Previous experience with Linux
· Knowledge of GIT/CVS versioning systems and test automation environment
Only CVs in English will be considered for the selection process. Each candidate will receive an update about the status of the submitted job application via email.
In case you would like to work with us, please apply through the following link:
What we offer· Wage (gross): from 6,00 EUR/hour - the final wage per hour can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate
· Flexible working time, hybrid working scheme
· CSR activities
· Company events & team buildings
· No dress code
· Development benefits, a variety of learning, project & career opportunities
· Besides these, we are offering a casual & innovative culture, free refreshments & fruits in the workspace and for sure, the excitement of having an impact across the most important internet companies.