IT Support Engineer Slovakia
1 560 EUR/monthNegotiable
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Marel is a global leader in transforming the way food is processed. We are in the business of transformation, innovation and inspiration. We provide software, machinery, systems and solutions that help food processors gain a competitive edge and make the most of cutting-edge technology such as digitization, automation and robotics. As long as there are people on earth, Marel will be present because everyone needs to eat, right? Marel will outlive us all. Because of the extensive growth of Marel and the focus of lowering our ecological footprint, we will have to invest extensively in global efficiency through IT and IT processes. Next to our MES software Innova and our machine control software, we're heavily investing in our corporate IT.
Marel has been developing a new digital platform based on IoT (Internet of things) and new cloud technology. This platform enables us to become the digital partner of choice for the food processing industry and enable customers to sustainably maximize their value creation with interconnectivity and optimization.
About the job
IT ambassador and the "Go-to Person"
You will be part of a regional IT support team that has members across various locations in Europe, Asia and Oceania. Your primary location is Nitra. In this position you will support our employees with all sorts of IT related issues and questions and engage with local management to assess and improve on our IT service delivery. Next you will also liaise with procurement to manage local IT contracts and suppliers.
- Installation, configuration, and lifecycle management of Marel workplaces in both office and manufacturing environment.
- Managing local LAN and printer infrastructures.
- Supporting end-user with 1st and 2nd line IT related incidents and questions.
- Technical application management for locally hosted IT services.
- Creation and maintenance of user manuals for Marel IT services.
- Managing, registering, and purchasing IT assets.
- Evaluate and manage IT contracted suppliers and vendors
- Participate in the implementation of both local and global IT projects.
Skills and Abilities
You are strong within IT and proud of delivering great service on the agreed deadline
You like the diversity in solving different IT tasks and you are happy to take on a technical challenge when they arise. You are good at building up important relations with colleagues and internal stakeholders - both in Marel Nitra and globally.
You have an educational background within IT and minimum 3 years of experience from a similar position in a global company. You have essential knowledge about PC hardware, software and great knowledge of network trouble shouting and Windows 7/10. Also to be successful in this role,
* You have good IT problem solving skills
* You are structured and meet customer expectations
* You are service minded and have great communication skills
* You have a proactive approach to your tasks and is eager to prevent a similar IT problem
* You enjoy to get feedback from your colleagues and the users
* Enjoy working in a virtual team - both regional and global
* Advanced English skills both written and oral are essential.
Why work for us?
- Join a global leader in the field of production control systems with an ambitious growth strategy in the digital domain.
- Be part of innovative digitalization projects with new technology platforms.
- Be part of a diverse, multi-cultural workforce.
- Be part of an entrepreneurial and innovative company.
- Work in a highly stable industry.
All together, we offer an exciting and challenging job in an organization with a 'hands-on' mentality, an open and informal atmosphere, short lines of communication and entrepreneurship.
Working for Marel, you can expect a gross wage of at least 1.560 euro at fulltime employment ( Basic wage is from 1.300 EUR + 20% variable part + 13th salary). Agreement on higher wage is possible according to skills of candidate. Also, we offer you attractive benefits:
- 13th salary
- commuting allowance
- accommodation allowance provided to employees who change residence because of employment at Marel Slovakia s.r.o. (250 Eur per month for 2 years)
- allowance for cultural, sport, recreational activities etc.
- flexible working hours (fixed between 9 and 14.30)
- Social events
Sounds like you? Click apply now and please send us your CV in Slovak and English.
If you're looking to join an international company with a great culture, flexible working arrangements, career growth and development opportunities then click apply now and include a resume! Should you have any questions about this position, don't hesitate to reach out to our IT Talent Acquisition Specialist, Maarten Krepel:
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
Secondary with school-leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Brief description of the company
Number of employees
E-mail: send CV