OEM EMEA Account Project Manager
who are we looking for
The OEM Account Project Manager will work closely with a cross-functional team to ensure all work items are executed to a defined plan. This role requires strong leadership and project management skills to drive plans for an evolving business model.
• Bachelor’s degree in project management, business management or related field
• 5+ years of program/project management experience – PMP a plus
• Ability to work cross functionally across multiple organizations
• High level knowledge of product development, procurement, supply chain and manufacturing
• Spirit of entrepreneurship requiring high-energy, proactive style, teaming, and collaboration
• Strong process orientation
• Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple workstreams across multiple teams
• Excellent customer facing communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work with WW team members, drive WW projects
• Ability to work across multiple geographies and time zones to drive project execution.
• Knowledge of Lenovo product development and sales enablement processes beneficial
We are Lenovo!
Currently the number one PC vendor worldwide, we continue to be the fastest growing company in our respective field. We’re a leader in genuine innovation, dreaming up – and building – the technology and services that enable and inspire progress around the world.
We are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership - a workplace where your talents can be challenged, and your efforts recognized and rewarded. We’re the progressive thinkers, creative doers and endless tinkerers who will always challenge the traditional and who know true groundbreakers never stand still. No matter what team you’re a part of, joining us you can create real impact.
What We Will Offer You:
• An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forward thinking IT companies
• Flat structures and fast decision-making processes
• A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life, working from home
• An international team with a high focus on Gender Diversity
• Attractive compensation package
We are looking forward to discussing this position with you soon!
Lenovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
University education (Master's degree)
what will you do
The OEM Account Project Manager is responsible for overall project management to drive enablement and delivery of Lenovo products and services for OEM customers. The Account Project Manager will engage at the point of design acceptance and drive the E2E development and enablement of the customer’s solution within Lenovo. The OEM Account Project Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the customer, sales, and product teams to enable all special onboarding requirements, product customizations or unique services for the OEM customer. This includes driving visibility with the demand planning teams and GSC to ensure supply availability and on time delivery for OEM accounts.
The OEM Account Project Manager will also work closely with the customer and product teams to smoothly manage product transition planning and execution. Maintaining and driving the project plan for each account which includes account contacts, solution details, special requirements, multi-year forecast and profit plan, demand and supply planning information and key account metrics.
• Own and manage the account product and services enablement project plan
• Work closely with Offering Development Teams to ensure there is an E2E project plan in place to successfully deliver customer unique requirements for products, services, and fulfilment
• Management of work items to insure attainment of project deadlines
• Manage OEM regulatory and compliance information
• Lead weekly cadence with OEM stakeholders, identify help needed, project bottlenecks, budget requirements or other items and escalate any issues
• Drive regular interlock with customer’s project team to ensure alignment on project timelines, status, forecasting and demand planning and all project actions
• Track and manage OEM orders, customer sat issues and documents for product transitions
• Drive all internal onboarding and enablement activity to ensure customer’s solution is fully enabled
• Collaborate with sales and the customer to drive quarterly business reviews
what we offer
Lenovo is a company in a constant state of creation. Here, you'll architect your own career, pioneer new ideas and master new skills.
Lenovo Slovakia employs more than 25 nationalities and is the biggest shared service center in Lenovo Group.
Our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working together as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build unique company.