IT Consultant - Pro Services Managed Services
who are we looking for
• Able to perform OS administration tasks, installation and upgrades with no supervision
• Advanced administration skills including Linux command line scripting ie BASH, Perl, Python
• Familiarity with RPM package installation and compiling from source
• Able to perform high level problem determination
• Prefer SUSE/RHEL experience, however other Linux derivatives are fine.
• Nice to have experience with SAP BIA/BWA/HANA or Basis team experience
• Ticket based type of work
• Very good English written and verbal skills.
• Demonstrated dedication to Clients.
• Willingness to work occasionally on weekends and holidays.
General understanding of storage and file systems
• Prefer experience with Enterprise Clustered File Systems ie General Parallel File System (GPFS)
• Fiber channel card experience ie QLogic, Emulex, Brocade
• Knowledge of the RAID management, hardware replacement and cooperation with vendors
• Able to apply firmware updates with no supervision
• Remote management card experience such as IMM, ILO, BMC, XClarity
• Good knowledge of TCPIP stack and ports
• Linux network management, bonding, etc
Secondary Skills: [DESIRED] not mandatory
- Monitoring solutions ie Nagios, Groundwork
- Understand how monitoring systems work
- HPC / Nutanix / MS Azure stack experience
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
what will you do
You will be reporting to our Manager for data center Pro - Services based in Glasgow
We enjoy working closely together as a 3 shift operation 24x7x365 delivering outstanding professional services to our Clients!
What do we do and you will be part of?
• We remotely monitor Client's data center systems to find and resolve problems for them remotely.
• We keep our Client's systems at the latest levels and perform quarterly health checks.
We communicate extensively with Clients, field service personnel, solution developers, hardware developers, and product engineering personnel.
• We are a fun loving team that thrives in a fast paced mission critical environment!
what we offer
Lenovo is a company in a constant state of creation. Here, you'll architect your own career, pioneer new ideas and master new skills.
Lenovo Slovakia employs more than 25 nationalities and is the biggest shared service center in Lenovo Group.
Our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working together as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build unique company.