EMEA BID Manager
who are we looking for
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English / other language is an advantage (especially German or Spanish)
- Over 5 years experience in the technology industry. Data center or hardware experience is preferred.
- Project management experience is required. Experience or background in operations is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with peers and management
- Ability to drive diverse teams across the globe and business functions to ensure projects are on track
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, organized personality
- Proven track record of success in cross-functional, global environment
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to change and open to new concepts and processes
- A self-starter, motivated individual, able to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
University education (Master's degree)
what will you do
- Work directly with sales and product management to develop the requirements and business case for single-customer custom solutions
- Drive a WW cross-functional core team including development, product assurance, operations, procurement, manufacturing, and service/support, to enable the sale of these custom solutions
- Analyze unique and/or complex customer requirements to find recommendations for cost optimization within a bid (configurations, commodities, or other elements of the bid such as logistics or services)
- Identify and build relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders in DCG and in EMEA
- Integrate with our management system - geography sales, product management, and finance in order to communicate status and expectations for the bids that you and the Bid Team are supporting
- Identify and execute process improvements to better serve DCG customers
- Promote a customer-centric culture with peers who are not historically in a customer facing role
- Present product information and status to the management team
what we offer
Lenovo is a company in a constant state of creation. Here, you'll architect your own career, pioneer new ideas and master new skills.
Lenovo Slovakia employs more than 25 nationalities and is the biggest shared service center in Lenovo Group.
Our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working together as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build unique company.