EMEA Level 2 Software Technical Support Engineer (Ref. No.: 70358)
who are we looking for
- Knowledge of Microsoft deployment technologies (SCCM, MDT, IUB, Altiris). Certification would be an advantage.
- Enterprise level Server / domain experience
- Solid knowledge about networking technologies, both wired and wireless.
- Logical and methodical approach in addressing issues.
- Very strong software problem determination skills.
- Microsoft Certification to MCSE Level (or working towards it) would be expected, with MCSA in Office 365 an advantage.
- Extensive practical experience of macros/scripting in relation to Office products.
- Project Management skill is an advantage
- Experience with Lenovo TVT tools, PC tablet, Linux, Android OS, Server support, HW and SW testing experience is an advantage
- Strong customer facing skills, whether by phone, e-mail or face to face
- Fluent English required. Another language is an advantage
- Hard worker, passionate about technical topics, goal oriented
University education (Master's degree)
what will you do
This role has the responsibility for handling and managing escalations from the field on Microsoft Products bundled as part of a Lenovo Service Offering. This involves the resolution of complex customer issues and extensive knowledge of Lenovo PC hardware, as well as the Microsoft products will be required. The role will resolve such issues and escalate to Microsoft Level 3 Support if resolution is not possible at this level.
The successful candidate will have extensive technical skills as well as the ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve customer issues and explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience. Candidates must have the ability to establish and maintain effective communication and relationships with Level One teams (e.g. Call Centers), Hardware Level 2 Support Teams, Microsoft Level 3 Support Engineering and the Lenovo Sales community, including sales executives and teams in other countries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide advanced (Level 2) Technical support for Lenovo customers on Microsoft Products (primarily Office 365), provided as part of a Lenovo Service Offering.
- Work directly with Call centres, Account teams and Customers to identify and replicate technical issues.
- Provide technical Subject Matter Expert consultation to Lenovo customers as well as to Lenovo Services community.
- Ensure professional and timely communication with Lenovo customers to secure their issue is being understood, worked out and fixed.
- Drive Customer Satisfaction to ensure Lenovo customers continue to perceive Lenovo as a prime supplier of solutions and therefore continue to purchase from Lenovo.
- Leverage the wider Lenovo technical community and resources to ensure that all efforts are made to deliver fix solutions that are workable and sustainable.
Diversity is a top priority at Lenovo. Applications from people with disabilities are welcome!
About Lenovo Services
The Lenovo Services portfolio for PC products brings end-to-end solutions that span the lifecycle of Lenovo customers’ systems, helping them maintain, protect, support, connect, manage and eventually, dispose of their end-of-life assets in an environmentally sound and cost-effective way.
Lenovo Services offer world-class services and support across all Lenovo products and market segments. Lenovo PCSD Services are available for both Think as well as for Idea and Lenovo branded hardware products.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
what we offer
Lenovo is a company in a constant state of creation. Here, you'll architect your own career, pioneer new ideas and master new skills.
Lenovo Slovakia employs more than 25 nationalities and is the biggest shared service center in Lenovo Group.
Our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working together as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build unique company.