Logistics Provider Manager
who are we looking for
• Dynamic and high performing individual with keen analytic and problem solving abilities. Must be data driven, objective and goal oriented, able to think outside any pre-conceived obstacles to find the best solution
• Experience in analysing and optimising logistics solutions to offer cost effective and fast logistics networks.
• In depth knowledge of domestic & international freight networks – all MOTs – and broad knowledge & experience of the transport & logistics industry key levers
• University degree qualified individual
• Effective interpersonal skills able to work within a team as well as on an individual basis.
• First class communicator – able to package and present information, at all levels, in a clear and professional manner
• Advanced MS Powerpoint skills required
• Advanced MS Excel skills required
• Confident and “Can Do” attitude coupled with drive to deliver results and professional integrity
University education (Master's degree)
what will you do
• This role will be vital in order to be able to model and articulate the efficiency of both the current network and any future logistics network developments.
• This role will work to analyse and model all aspects of the EMEA logistics network and clearly communicate performance in terms of speed (leadtime), cost (service level, touch points, MOT etc) and accuracy (delivery date).
• The main objective of this role is to work closely with the Logistics Network Mgmt leader to deliver an effective and cost efficient network of the highest calibre. This role will need to be able to identify areas of weakness and provide alternative solutions that directly addresses and improves the network in terms of speed, cost and accuracy. This role will also need to be able to provide clear and data driven analysis to support future developments and changes in the logistics network.
• This role will need to communicate effectively and assertively across the logistics and supply chain teams in order to influence and support decision making in the best interests of Lenovo.
• This role will need to understand the inner workings of the EMEA logistics network and be able to identify areas of weakness or opportunity and work with the logistics mgmt team to recover or exploit as required.
• Build strong relationship with logistics providers thru regular BMS
• Own non-conformance process with providers, drive for resolution and continuous improvements
• Prepare regular MOT (Mode of Transport) analysis, highlight issues and drive improvements
• Take an active role in providing an ongoing list of network improvements / changes to assist in achieving the EMEA cost / lead-time targets
• Provide direct support for any RFQ activity in terms of providing background financial or logistics data, as well as helping to assess carrier responses to RFQ activity
• Provide direct support to major projects by providing effective business case and network capability data
what we offer
Lenovo is a company in a constant state of creation. Here, you'll architect your own career, pioneer new ideas and master new skills.
Lenovo Slovakia employs more than 25 nationalities and is the biggest shared service center in Lenovo Group.
Our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working together as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build unique company.