Regional Commissioning Engineer
What you will do
We are seeking an individual technically proficient with electronic security systems (access control, video surveillance, intruder alarm) and/or HVAC who would be also experienced in installing and commissioning systems, project management, and leading network integration projects. The responsibilities will include technical review of designs, on-site and remote project kick-off meetings, and technical support during project deployment, close out and commissioning of project upon completion.
You will lead moderately complex projects for one of our key global strategic account in the EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) region. You will provide account and system specific subject matter expertise with specific emphasis in the areas of project scope and definition, risk identification, project methodology, schedule management and project kick-off and hand over. You will support the control of project schedule, project cost, on site health and safety adherence, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. You will be presenting to management and/or customers project updates, project cycle, and expected results.
The role requires around 60% -80% travelling across Europe and can be home based (upon agreement).
How you will do it
• Methodology - Understanding of Project Management Institute's (PMI) methodology and key knowledge areas; Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
• Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and Johnson Controls management. Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
• Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of worksite, ensuring workmanship meets Johnson Controls installation required quality standards and expectations.
• Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
• Technical Knowledge & Experience – Through experience on the installation and commissioning of access control, intruder alarm and CCTV systems, you will be the technical lead for all regional projects.
What we look for
• 2-4 years field technician experience in the electronic security industry
• 2-4 years working with SQL databases and network infrastructure
• 2-4 years commissioning engineer / field project management experience in the electronic security industry
• Proven team leader capabilities and experience in dealing with large integrated security projects and programs
• Must possess strong skills in communication, reporting, and effective writing; risk management/decision making skills; and strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to influence and interact with external (end user) customers.
• Multiple language skills preferred (English and another)
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, a competitive salary, regular monthly bonus after 6 months of employment, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in Johnson Controls offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Salary starting from 1700 EUR/month Gross (plus a regular monthly bonus after 6 months of employment) based on relevant experience. This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore ensuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.