Engineer / Building Management System (BMS)
What you will do.
The primary responsibility of Building Management System (BMS) Engineer, who will be part of Bratislava Sales Support Center of Excellence structure, is to work on BMS projects, detailed engineering as per country specific standards. You will track project time schedule, changes, ensure on-time completion of various tasks, report job progress to respective management team/general contractor. You will provide system demonstration to client and general/site specific user training.
How you will do it
- Review MEP drawings and identify related equipment (dampers, sensors etc.).
- Review control specifications and sequence of operation.
- Generate initial review sheets and RFI’s.
- Prepare I/O summary.
- Prepare BMS network architecture.
- Programming, testing and debugging BMS software, UI graphics development, basic 3^rd party systems integrations (ModBus, BACnet IP, BACnet MSTP), using JCI proprietary software tools along with SQL management
- Design and create controls strategy, sequence of operation, bill of materials, schematics etc.
- Create bill of materials, select sensors, control valves, dampers, air flow stations, controllers etc.
- Check devices and controller wiring, terminations, interlock wiring.
- Program control software of supervisory and DDC level controllers, prepare test plan, perform simulation and deliver commissioning package to the sites.
- Upload/download system-level BMS controller software.
- Perform BMS commissioning and system diagnostics, complete all required commissioning documentation.
- Keep management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Provide information for BMS as-built documentation.
- Adhere to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness.
What we look for
- Technically proficient individual with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil).
- General knowledge of IT.
- Quick learner with problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English language.
- Travel as needed across EMEA, at least 50% of work time.
- Relevant experience in BMS and/or Industrial Automation Design:
- Knowledge of HVAC systems like chilled water system, cooling towers, primary and secondary pumping systems, hot water system, AHUs, FCUs, VAV systems etc.
- Knowledge of BMS architecture with different types of operator workstations, supervisory controllers, DDC controllers, sensors, actuators etc.
- Knowledge of different types of network protocols like BACNet, LON, Modbus, OPC, and others.
- Proficiency in wiring field devices, panels etc.
- Experience in engineering, installing and commissioning of BMS and/or HVAC systems.
- Multiple language skills.
We offer salary starting from 1600EUR/month gross (plus a monthly bonus) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore ensuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
If you are applying from abroad please research cost of living in Bratislava to establish your salary expectations.
Besides being a diverse, international working environment Johnson Controls offers opportunities for professional growth and future career prospects for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.