Senior Financial Specialist (Ref. No.: WD30091403037)
What you will do
The Senior Financial Specialist is responsible for statutory compliance activities, including coordination with the business operations, with overall responsibility for preparing the country legal entity’s requirements -individual and consolidated (if applicable) financial statements and ensures compliance with local financial statutory and tax regulations (e.g. publishing of reports and documents, requirements for ERP systems), monitors the overall compliance with Johnson Controls´ corporate accounting policies, procedures and timelines applicable. The position acts as ultimate coordinator and contact with external auditors for all engagements associated to the countries in scope. The CFS Senior Financial Specialist is expected to have the technical acumen and interpersonal presence to function as strategic consultant to higher level management, playing a critical leadership role in business planning and consulting regarding operations in the country. The CFS Senior Financial Specialist is also proposing or assisting in the resolution of broad and complex issues which have a major impact on the JCI business, such as business combinations/divestitures, tax planning and contract negotiation.
How you will do it
- To prepare and report statutory financial statements for assigned legal entities.
- To design and implement internal control structure to comply with statutory and legal regulations in the country.
- Monitor the compliance with JCI corporate accounting policies, as well as defining those specifically applicable to local business.
- To prepare and report ad hoc legal entity financial and statistical reports.
- To prepare and control accounts reconciliations as assigned to the department.
- Ultimate responsible for ensuring compliance with Local GAAP, and reporting of differences with US GAAP
- Act as overall audit engagement coordinator for all country audit work performed by the appointed external auditors.
- Performs key role in preparation of analysis for Management to negotiate annual audit fees, finally approved by JCI Audit Committee.
- Define and monitor execution of audit plan, in conjunction with external auditors, BU controllers and all other parties involved.
- Coordinate with Tax department activities related to Tax planning projects and tax compliance.
- Develop and sign off projects business cases, and provides recommendations to functional leaders.
- Responsible for developing business initiatives oriented to cost saving efforts and improvement of financial and accounting processes.
- Coordinate the implementation of Corporate initiatives deployed in the country.
- Fully support different projects initiated by global/regional team, e.g. process optimization, ERP upgrade, divestiture etc.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- At least 5 years accounting experience
- 2-3 y mandatory experience from statutory accounting and preparation of financial statements
- Thorough knowledge of local accounting principles
- Computer competency in the client-server environment using a wide range of application software
- Familiarity with problem solving and process improvement techniques
- Ability to manage projects and see them through to implementation
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles would be an asset
- Audit experience would be an asset
- Hands on mentality
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, regular monthly bonus paid after 6 months of employment, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Salary starting from 1500 EUR/month gross (plus a monthly bonus) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore insuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.