Continuous Improvement & Data Project Lead (Indirect Tax Compliance) (Ref. No.: WD30079904239)
What you will do
At the Johnson Controls Tax Compliance COE a position for Continous Improvement & Data Project Lead is open. The Tax Compliance COE covers both direct and indirect tax compliance processes within the EMEA region. The Tax Compliance COE is an integral part of the Johnson Controls Global Tax Organization. The center consists today of twenty five people and it continues to further specialize and grow.
The VAT Specialist will report to Manager VAT Compliance COE EMA located in Bratislava (Slovak Republic). Project Lead will be primarily work with indirect tax compliance team to conduct process improvement initiatives and projects.
Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to gain experience in multinational company that embraces diversity, rewards hard work and inspires people to reach for more in an environment that is constantly evolving.
How you will do it
- Facilitates and leads EMEA process improvement projects in close cooperation with the Bratislava tax compliance team, VAT controllers, regional tax teams and tax master COE
- Monitors progress of planned improvement projects to assure timely action, risks awareness, appropriate management support and achievement of expected benefits
- Provides regular updates about projects status to the EMEA tax management
- Comes up with own ideas for the end-to-end VAT process standardization, improvement projects and for quick wins
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement directions
- Prepares training materials (e.g. ERP VAT manuals, tax codes determination documents for accounting departments etc.)
- Provides technical expertise / tax systems training to the data extraction team and new joiners
- Manages data analytics and runs various recurring data analyses
- Acts as the EMEA tax SharePoint administrator
- Oversees process of tax codes creation, monitors and raises process related issues discovered independently or flagged by internal stakeholders
- Performs all other continuous improvement related duties assigned.
What we look for
- Master’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science
- At least 5 years of tax compliance international experience with focus on processes (either SSC, tax consultancy or in-house experience)
- Proven project management experience, leadership expertise
- ERP systems practical knowledge (inc. SAP and Oracle) is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access & Power Point)
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Problem solving skills
- Fluent English written and spoken (B2 level or higher)
- Strong ability to cooperate with people from various hierarchy levels and cultural backgrounds
- Team player with a positive 'can do’ attitude
- Ability to work ethically
- Local GAAP, international GAAP (IFRS) and U.S. GAAP knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of project associated software (e.g. MS Visio, MS Project, JIRA, Minitab/Sigma Excel)
- ERP systems Navision, iScala, Mentor, Baan ERP experience
Salary compensation starting from 2150 EUR/month gross (plus a monthly bonus) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore insuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.