Assistant Controller (Ref. No.: WD30060730353)
What you will do
At Johnson Controls, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people all over the world. How do we do this? By working together on holistic solutions for smarter buildings and cities today and tomorrow. By protecting people and the environment. By giving back in the communities we live in. By solving today’s challenges while constantly asking ‘what’s next?’ So, what’s next in your future?
Create your next opportunity with us as an Assistant Controller in our Bratislava Business Centre in Bratislava.
How you will do it
This position is involved in all aspects of general accounting and is the key support role for the General Ledger and any sub-ledger/system functions. This position involves analytical review of corporate department expenses, preparation of corporate financial statements and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts. This position also provides support for the corporate budgeting process. Works closely with the Corporate Functions and accounting staff across Johnson Controls.
- Support timely and accurate reporting of financial results
- Support compliance with local and US GAAP accounting rules, where applicable
- Adherence to JCI procedures
- Full SOX compliance
- Support of FP&A Manager to achieve fiscal year Profit Plan financial targets
- Timely and Correct cost invoicing to internal customers
- Compliance with ethical and accounting principle compliance
- Support in providing accurate and on-time information to internal and external partners
- Support of timely and correct forecast/plan of financial results/cost
- Drive studies with other departments and other JCI organizations to improve efficiencies and/or control environment
- Support of special projects
What we look for
- Business education degree or adequate professional experience focusing on Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 4 years experience in the Finance department,
- General accounting / reporting overview -test RTR
- MS-Office Advanced (MS Excel : Formulas, Pivot tables, MS Powerpoint)
- FIA Intermediate or equivalent
- ERP or other key systems advanced (e.g. SAP, iScala, Oracle, power BI, Blackline, MS SP, HFM, VBA, getpaid),
- B2 level of English
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to interpret the data
- Willing to develop and learn, Collaborative, Team player, Customer and result oriented, Detail oriented, Proactive attitude, Flexibility
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, a competitive salary, regular monthly bonus, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our brand new offices opened in July 2017 and onsite facilities will include a fitness center, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Starting from 1600 EUR/month gross (plus regular monthly bonus after 6 months of employment) based on relevant experience
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore insuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.