Financial Analyst - Corporate Accounting (Ref. No.: 153248)
This position is involved in all aspects of general accounting and is the key support role for the General Ledger and any sub-ledger/system functions. This position involves analytical review of corporate department expenses, preparation of corporate financial statements and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts. This position also provides support for the annual corporate budgeting process.
How you will do it
• Supports the preparation, review and validation of corporate financial statement on a monthly basis
• Assists in the monthly, quarterly and yearly close
• Oversees inter-company billing process, including responding to divisional accounting staff inquiries and working with divisional accounting staff to resolve intercompany imbalances.
• Provides support for the monthly closing of the corporate ledgers, including preparation of monthly closing journal entries, importing of transactions from source systems, and posting of ledgers.
• Prepares and assists the general ledger account reconciliation preparation and review process.
• Provides necessary reports and analyses to internal and external auditors during the financial audit.
• Communicate and interface with business personnel on accounting issues.
• Performs other related duties and ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
REPORTING & CONSOLIDATION
• Supports and prepares variance analyses comparing actual results to budget / forecast
• Supports the development of management reports for local management
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
• Supports the preparation, development and review of financial budgets and forecasts
• Participates as a member of the Corporate budgeting team, which provides guidance to Corporate department managers and Cost Center Responsible during budgeting process and consolidates department budgets.
• Consultancy in budget matters for corporate departments
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent education and experience.
• 1-3 years accounting experience.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting theory and its application in practice.
• Proven ability to prepare account analyses and reconcile accounts.
• Computer competency in the client-server environment using a wide range of application software.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and customer focused approach.
• Familiarity with problem solving and process improvement techniques.
• Ability to manage projects and see them through to implementation.
• Ability to work well independently and work well in a team setting.
• Hyperion knowledge (Enterprise/HFM).
• SAP R/3 knowledge.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Besides being a diverse, international working environment Johnson Controls offers opportunities for professional growth and future career prospects for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
Salary starting from 1300 EUR/month gross (plus a 13th month salary) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore ensuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.