Senior Network Engineer (Ref. No.: 166007)
Provide senior level network services focusing on designing, configuring, and integrating network technologies into the Johnson Controls Global Network ecosystem. Provides network project leadership for design and installation projects using standard technologies with a focus on network security. Comfortable leading discussions at the executive level.
How you will do it
- Provides senior level network services, including install instructions, decision trees, templates, bill of materials, and configuration guides that integrate into Johnson Controls network technologies.
- Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results. Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Participate in content delivery environment build activities including creation of virtual servers, profiles, encryption based on customer requirements.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 network services for complex issues elevated from Tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level network design and debugging services to development teams. Works closely with developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions that meet Johnson Controls standards and add value to our business needs.
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implements improvements.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, focused on process and tools.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
- Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in network engineering and operations.
- Strong Cisco Routing/Switching configuration/diagnostic experience
- Familiarity with deploying and managing networks in an Azure & AWS SaaS/Cloud environment
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Automation tools: Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Hands-on experience in network design, engineering, monitoring, circuit provisioning, vendor management and troubleshooting.
- Experience with all Cisco LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, VPN, load balancers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco security solutions; ASA, Firepower, IOS Firewall, NGIPS, AnyConnect, StealthWatch, ACS/ISE, Umbrella, Prime
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, F5 Networks, Zscaler, and Avaya.
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols such as ie. spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTPS, SSL.
- Knowledge of Carrier Services – WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, Ethernet, OCx, DS3, Broadband
- Experience in Meraki SD-WAN and NSX Software Defined Network Data Centers
- Experience with IoT, Cellular Transport, and Wireless Security.
- Strong skills and desire to work in a process-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a global network environment.
- Responsible for the documentation and topology maps for all network components.
- Strong networking project leadership skills.
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Salary starting from 2600 EUR/month gross (plus a 13th month salary) based on relevant experience.
This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore ensuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.