GPO Finance Process Owner RTR & Quality Assurance (Ref. No.: 156111)
What you will do
Under general guidance of the Process Owners, supports the design, development, and implementation of processes for the Record to Report Function within the RBCO (Regional Business Center Organization. Process leadership should be coordinated and managed in a manner that contributes to the profitability, growth and overall continuity of the business while enabling success of the Finance function. Major areas of responsibility include governance and leadership of the process development, interim process development, and continuous improvement activities and overall supporting Finance Process program.
Additionally, this position is also responsible for Balance Sheet Quality Assurance & Reporting, which includes responsibility for delivering assurance services to management by providing independent quality reviews of account reconciliations, reporting balance sheet reconciliation status (including escalation and resolution support), and to ensure compliance with policies.
Under general direction, works closely with the Financial Leadership team to define requirements and develop future state design for assigned projects.
How you will do it
Process Owner key responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for a multi-cultural design team across RBCO for the Record to Report Function.
- Acts as key resource and leader of the design process for the RBCO finance program.
- Gains consensus while providing new and innovative direction for the business process.
- Provides the business and program leadership for large value high impact design team(s).
- Provides support for the large project / transformation initiatives within RBCO Process Work stream and other areas of the company to support the RBCO Finance Process program. This would involve partnering with the Operational, RBCO, and other regional and global leaders.
- Designs, develops, manages project plans, and coordinates the execution of RBCO process initiatives involving different business units.
- Documents and tracks project issues / risks and recommends solutions to management for change as needed.
- Facilitates status meetings with project teams as appropriate ensuring RBCO process leadership receives regular reporting on project(s) status.
- Works with the PMO/Project teams to develop and coordinate project processes, including scope management, issue resolution, risk management, delivery acceptance, quality control, project work plans and rollout strategies.
- Serves as key leader with understanding of the business and technical processes in the respective RBCO.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and leader for the RBCO finance program.
- Works closely with the finance leadership team to define requirements and develop future state design.
- Participates in regional future state design workshops. Works with regional finance leads to gather input/feedback on design.
- Provides input to the shared service center implementation and set-up for the finance program.
- Works with regional teams and Shared Service Centers to develop best practices.
- Leads program process standardization team to ensure compatibility across all process and regions.
- Assists in the development and execution of business user testing.
- Works with Regional Finance Leads to ensure process compliance after training.
Quality Assurance responsibilities:
- Review and analyze account reconciliations and data to assess level of compliance with applicable procedures and policies, and accuracy of reported information;
- Propose improvements to existing account reconciliation process;
- Identify, discuss and report unreconciled and aged reconciled items (URI and aged ARI items);
- Drive timely resolution and/or escalations with the respective RBC(s) and Business Units;
- Prepare and complete working papers as an audit trail of the review work performed;
- Have a good understanding and overview of JCI policies (i.e. method of calculating inventory and receivable provision, frequency of account reconciliation preparation etc.)
- Support the evaluation of a new account reconciliation tool or improve existing ones;
- Provide training on account reconciliation policies and tools;
- Provide support to the finance organization to ensure quality, efficiency, and timeliness in the balance sheet quality review. Provide assistance and expertise as needed during reviews;
- Review working papers from balance sheet reviews;
- Perform reviews of complex accounts and reconciliations, drive resolution of complex issues;
What do we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred. Minimum 8 years of finance/accounting/auditing experience including strong process and systems experience.
- Increasingly responsible experience in public accounting (i.e. big four organization) or internal audit function of a large size Global corporation auditing or managing financial or operations audit
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of specific global process stream internal accounting procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in presenting to high-level management. Should have ability to listen effectively, evaluate the most critical elements being communicated and communicate with staff and management on an open and timely basis. Must have a strong analytical and problem solving background.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to motivate others to achieve desired results, demonstrate negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people even under difficult circumstances
- Builds collaborative relationships and contributes to the efforts and accomplishments of teams throughout the JCI organization
- Fluency in English required. Other foreign language skills is a plus
- Low to medium levels of travel may be required
- Strong experience in compliance management including the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404
- Strong skills in cost and inventory accounting, project accounting, and in manufacturing plant auditing Strong knowledge of accounting for long term construction and facilities management contracts and related service;
- Experience in large multinational complex organization, preferably also in Shared Services Centre Experience in finance change/transformation initiatives
- Effective finance and business case development capabilities
- Innovative and able to think both analytically and conceptually
Starting from 3400 EUR/month gross (plus a 13th month salary) based on relevant experience*
*This salary is our minimum advertised salary. We value each and every employee who joins Johnson Controls, therefore ensuring our compensation package aligns with your professional qualifications and competencies to the open position you are selected for.
Besides being a diverse, international working environment Johnson Controls offers opportunities for professional growth and future career prospects for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery. If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up!
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.