Place of work
USA, Bratislava region, The Capital Prague (The job requires travelling)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. (ISC) is a public benefit company whose mission is to support the infrastructure of the Internet. In pursuit of this goal, we have a team dedicated to developing open-source Internet infrastructure software. Our main product is BIND 9, the Internet's most popular DNS server. We also provide ISC DHCP, an implementation of the dynamic host configuration protocol, as well as its successor, Kea.
Junior Software Engineer for BIND 9
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
We are looking for a junior software engineer to work on BIND 9. This engineer will be a core part of the development team, assisting in the development of new features as well as maintenance of the program.
- Working with the team to design and develop new features
- Reviewing code changes
- Responding to bug reports from a variety of sources and fixing bugs
- Assisting in release engineering
- Assisting in project planning
- Acting as on-call escalation engineer
- Participating in organizations such as the IETF to develop Internet protocols
- Experience with C development, preferrably C11
- Knowledge of the DNS protocol
- Knowledge of networking, both from a theoretical as well as a practical
- Knowledge about threads and locks mechanisms
- Familiarity with Unix/BSD/Linux operating systems
- Specific experience of BIND
- Experience of network programming on Windows
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with open source tools and working environments
Anywhere. Although ISC is located in Redwood City, California (USA) and some staff are based there, many of ISC's staff work from their homes throughout the USA and the rest of the world.
This position is open to anyone regardless of nationality, and is suitable for home working. Note that occasional travel to the company's USA offices will be required.
To learn more about ISC and its critical role in the Internet community, visit http://www.isc.org.
E-mail: send CV