Expert Lead Business Control Officer
*By legal requirement we are providing the information about the basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised position. Based on your experience/profile, the final financial conditions will be the subject to discuss and negotiate at the personal interview, however, not less than above mentioned minimum salary component.
About the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Our Expert Leads combine content expertise in risk and control with leadership of a small expertise team (4-6 people). As a Lead, you take responsibility for developing, innovating, and safeguarding knowledge in your field of expertise. You facilitate the HR cycle (hiring, developing, reviewing, and evaluating), and balancing employee needs with company demands. You drive engagement, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. We encourage our teams to be self-steering which means your role is to be a servant leader and coach.
As the Expert Lead of Business Control for our organization, your scope of responsibilities covers multiple risk and control frameworks – from anti-bribery and corruption to physical security and safety. You will help the senior management team of ING Hubs Slovakia to implement and monitor these frameworks while continuously maintaining oversight of the status and progress of risk incidents, events, and their resolution. You are the ‘go to’ subject matter expert for business controls for our organization.
You possess and further expand your knowledge and understanding of essential risk management concepts, analytical skills, consultation and advisory to senior management, and disciplined execution. You are able to strategically combine content expertise with project management skills and capable of achieving solid results in an international, complex and dynamic environment. This entails maintaining close links with all stakeholders involved.
- Act as Expert Lead in the area of business controls, compliance, and risk
- Represent senior management in discussions with the 2nd Line of Defense Risk to define adequate control standards and mitigating risk actions
- Drive and coordinate the implementation of new or updated control standards impacting ING Hubs Slovakia
- Perform risk assessments and gap analyses for ING Hubs Slovakia
- Drive independent monitoring of business controls for ING Hubs Slovakia
- Provide (content-based insights for) trainings and advise on correct interpretation of policy requirements
- Lead, coach, and develop a small group of professionals focused on keeping ING Hubs Slovakia safe, secure, and in control
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
Personality requirements and skills
- Minimally 5 years’ experience working in a corporate environment, preferably with senior management.
- Experience with leading a team of Non-financial risk/Compliance experts as a must have.
- Action-oriented and Self-driven: Consistently delivers results. Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high-energy and enthusiasm. Pro-actively addresses problems either individually or in collaboration with colleagues with the right professional skills
- Planning and Organizing: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. Able to prioritize tasks, projects and demand in a logical sequence. Aligns own work with relevant working groups
- Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: Able to communicate data/performance metrics in a convincing and comprehensive way and able to create a compelling story
- Resilient: Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. Overcomes obstacles without becoming discouraged; turns mistakes into learning moments
We offer you a bunch of great benefits
Friendly working environment
- You build your own working day - flexible working hours and work from home
- Daily working time: 7hrs 45min instead of standard 8hrs
- Daily refreshments - coffee, fruits, drinks
- Fully equipped gym accessible 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Game room with unlimited access
- Modern designed coffee corner and terrace with the grill spot
- Sick leave compensation: up to 80% of the monthly salary
- Life insurance contribution: up to 22,14 EUR/per month
- 3rd pillar contribution: up to 3% from your monthly salary
- 24/7 external mental health support
- Learning opportunities: internal and external learning programs
- Regular teambuildings, social events and communities
- Extra 3 PERSONAL days per year
- Extra vacation days: up to 10 extra days/per year
- We welcome your ING-positive friends: referrals starting from 1000 EUR
- 150€ for childbirth/adoption bonus, wedding day and registered partnership contributions, work anniversary award
- Our premises are open 24/7 and you can even bring your friends or family along (up to 2 friends to the gym and game room)
- Yearly bonus based on your performance and company’s results
- Cafeteria points: 50€/month (600€/year) - Multisport card, Alza, Zalando, Cinema City, etc.
- Home office contribution: 20 EUR/per month
- Discounts from our and your favorite stores: up to 30%
- Warm welcome package for your fresh start
- Pet friendly office
Brief description of the company
Number of employees
E-mail: send CV