Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
You’re people manager in an Agile way of working (WoW) organization. Which means servant leader instead of hierarchical top down leader. You’re manager of 3-5 Customer Loyalty Teams (CLT’s) up to 50 direct reports. You are responsible for facilitating, supporting and motivating team members and self-steering teams ultimately to service and support ING external customers.
You are responsible for facilitating, supporting and motivating, as you:
• Continuously enhance the integrated way of working and you coach and support your CLT members on their way to self-steering and self-organising;
• Build strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals;
• Facilitate the HR cycle (staffing, planning, developing, reviewing and evaluating), balancing employee needs with company demands;
• Drive engagement, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives;
• Understand the emotional responses and links self-awareness to action by leading by example and ability to practice informal influence within the teams and peers;
• Translate the ING strategy and create objectives and actions, create and support management messages, develop policies, golden rules within the framework provided (or contribute to such development).
Also, you are responsible for enabling operational performance, as you:
• Ensure delivery on agreed SLAs and KPIs;
• Apply data to your decision making (data-driven decisions) with timely, open and transparent communication;
• Able to implement change related to your department taking ING Strategy and procedures into account;
• Understand the environment, develop and maintain an internal and external network;
• Act as a business partner to internal and external customers and manage relationships with them; Manage stakeholders from the chain effectively and be considered a ‘recognised business partner’.
You deliver continuous improvement (CI) and you manage risk, as you:
• Become a Role model in sponsoring of improvement & innovation activities in your circle;
• Prove problem solving capabilities following certain structure/framework;
• Create environment which fosters & supports CI/innovation for strategic improvements on all levels;
• Deliver prescribed outcomes for a designated area, using risk management systems to ensure the organisation is not exposed to undue risks;
• Ensure compliance and no reputation damage;
• Ensure changes are recorded accordingly in procedures and work instructions;
• Understand the financial figures, manage cost development and cost savings effectively.
Employee perks, benefits
• Life events (marriage/partnership, child birth/adoption, work anniversary)
• 3rd pillar retirement saving
• Life insurance
• Salary compensation during illness leave (PN)
• Performance based annual bonus
• Cafeteria benefits
• Extra holiday days
• Fresh fruit at the workplace
• Company events, teambuildings
• Referral bonus, etc.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Economy, Banking, Finance
English - Advanced (C1)
Brief description of the company
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients over 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 50,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
Number of employees
Contact person: ING Business Shared Services, HR team
E-mail: send CV