Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
IBSS Bratislava has a challenging opportunity available for an ambitious professional.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Non-Financial Risk Officer for the role of Global Wholesale Policy Champion Know Your Customer. The Policy Champion plays a pivotal role between Policy Owner (e. g. Compliance or Legal) and the Business Control Officers in the Wholesale locations. Within the first line of defense in Wholesale we have approximately 30 countries, 10 Challengers & Growth countries with Wholesale operations and 16 entities at the Head Quarters in Amsterdam.
Your scope of responsibilities covers all Wholesale locations globally in the implementation and key control testing of the FATCA/CRS and US Withholding related control standards. You provide your NFR expertise and work together with the global service provider (e.g Client Tax Services (CTS)). You keep a global oversight of the status and progress of the NFR related accountabilities stipulated in the FATCA/CRS/US Withholding policies and you are the ‘go to’ subject matter expert for the first line of defence with content-related questions on FATCA/CRS/US Withholding. The Policy Champion TAX liaises with Policy Champion KYC (of which FATCA/CRS/US Withholding is part of) and with the senior management of the Wholesale Bank (WB MT) to align on the expectations over the implementation and key control testing of FATCA/CRS/US Withholding.
The right candidate needs to have a strong risk awareness and knowledge, analytical skills, be proficient in disciplined execution, be capable of driving an effective NFR program and increased collaboration, align with and share across Wholesale Bank entities globally as well as bank-wide. This entails maintaining close links with all stakeholders within various business lines of not only Wholesale Banking, but also on the corporate level, second and third line of defense.
As Global Policy Champion TAX you will be responsible for delivering FATCA/CRS/US Withholding related obligations from the perspective of non-financial risk. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Representing the first line of defense in discussions with Policy Owner to define FATCA/CRS/US Withholding control standards and its updates.
• Implementation of the TAX -related control standards in the Wholesale Bank globally, including new and updated standards.
• Support globally Wholesale locations and Business Control Officers in the implementation of the TAX-related control standards
• Act as the gateway for the Wholesale Bank towards the Policy Owner on ING Corporate level (e.g. Compliance or Legal)
• Create and maintain a complete overview of all TAX related controls within Wholesale Banking, including a tailored system of Wholesale-adopted controls
• Act as the Gateway for Wholesale Banking locations including Challengers & Growth countries towards the global service provider Client Tax Services.
• Prepare, initiate and manage the key control testing activities.
• Initiate and be the driving force behind the central key control testing of the TAX-related controls by IBSS Control Hubs, including delivery of the valid and approved test plans and detailed instructions with respect to key control testing, in line with the ING Standards (e.g 6W and 5W).
• Organize annual global Wholesale TAX sign-off process. This includes liaising with the global service provider, aligning on mutual expectations, collating and aggregating partial inputs to present WB MT with a single sign-off output to be provided to the Wholesale Banking locations across the globe.
• Proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure non-financial risk in TAX is efficiently and effectively managed, enabling us to stay within ING risk appetite. (e.g. through optimizing sub-controls)
• Implement and lead TAX training for business controls including the core team and IBSS teams
• Liaise with the Policy Champion KYC who will remain the total overview of all KYC related frameworks including the FAX frameworks.
Employee perks, benefits
• Life events (marriage/partnership, child birth/adoption, work anniversary)
• 3rd pillar retirement saving
• Life insurance
• Salary compensation during illness leave (PN)
• Cafeteria benefits
• Referral bonus
• Extra holiday days
• Company events, teambuilding's
• Fresh fruit at the workplace
• Working for stable international financial institution
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
Secondary with school-leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
• Extensive knowledge of risk management processes for non-financial or operational risk
(3+ year of experience)
• Knowledge of FATCA/CRS/US Withholding frameworks
• Strong work ethic combined with a structured and disciplined approach, resulting in ‘getting things done’.
• Focused on timely and top-quality deliverables
• Risk awareness, knowledge of and experience with Operational Risk Management and Compliance
• Ability to build bridges, bring people together (interpersonal awareness), act as a sparring partner to various stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to manage different stakeholders on the operational, tactical and strategic level, and navigate through different cultural environments
• Organizational sensitivity with persuasiveness-skills and ability to use indirect influence
• Ability to act on a global Level
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and Orange Code and it is evident that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values.
Brief description of the company
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients over 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 50,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
Number of employees