Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
IBSS Bratislava has a challenging opportunity available for ambitious, content driven professionals!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Non-Financial Risk Officer for the role of Global Wholesale Policy Champion.
The Policy Champion plays a pivotal role between Policy Owner (e. g. Compliance, Operational Risk Management) and the Business Control Officers in the Wholesale locations. Within the first line of defense in Wholesale Banking we have approximately 30 WB-only countries, 10 Challengers & Growth countries with Wholesale operations, 16 Wholesale Banking entities at the Head Quarters in Amsterdam, and service providers which execute processes & controls both at Head Office and the service organization ING Bank Shared Services.
Your scope of responsibilities covers all Wholesale locations globally in the implementation and monitoring of the framework(s) assigned to you. You maintain continuous global oversight of the status and progress of the NFR matters relevant for your policy and you are the ‘go to’ subject matter expert for the first line of defense. You are the linking pin between the (local) first line and the corporate 2nd line functions when global issues arise. You liaise with senior management to align on the expectations regarding the implementation and key control testing.
The right candidate needs to have a strong risk awareness and knowledge, analytical skills, be proficient in disciplined execution, able to combine content expertise with project management skills and capable of achieving solid results in an international complex and dynamic environment. This entails maintaining close links with all stakeholders within various business lines of not only Wholesale Banking, but also on the corporate level, second and third line of defense.
Within Wholesale Banking the policies are grouped in policy pools. In this role you will be part of the Governance, Finance & Procurement pool, covering the following policies: Procurement, Know Your Supplier, Third Party Risk Management, Proxies, Change Initiative, Sourcing.
As Global Policy Champion your main responsibilities are:
• Act as the gateway for the Wholesale Bank towards the Policy Owner on ING Corporate level (e.g. Compliance, ORM or Legal) and/or global service providers like Regulatory Operations
• Representing the first line of defense in discussions with Policy Owner to define adequate control standards and its updates;
• Tailoring global controls as included in control standards to the specific WB processes and circumstances;
• Driving and coordinating the implementation of new and/or updated control standards in Wholesale Bank globally;
• Supporting globally Wholesale locations and Business Control Officers in the execution of the implementation of the control standards
• Having at all times a complete overview of all related controls within Wholesale Banking, including their implementation status
• Design and be the driving force behind the central key control testing by IBSS Control Hubs, including delivery of adequate control descriptions and global test plans
• Proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure non-financial risk related to the policies assigned to you is efficiently and effectively managed at the right level in the organization (e.g. through optimizing sub-controls, aggregation local issues)
• Provide content-based insights for trainings for both business control officers as the 1st line business teams.
Employee perks, benefits
• Life events (marriage/partnership, child birth/adoption, work anniversary)
• 3rd pillar retirement saving
• Life insurance
• Salary compensation during illness leave (PN)
• Cafeteria benefits
• Referral bonus
• Extra holiday days
• Company events, teambuilding's
• Fresh fruit at the workplace
• Working for stable international financial institution
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
Secondary with school-leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
• Extensive knowledge of risk management processes for non-financial or operational risk
(5+ year of experience)
Solid knowledge of the policies and processes included in the pool Governance & Finance is a plus
• Ability to implement non-financial risk requirements in all Wholesale Banking countries. Experience in and knowledge about project management organization is a plus.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Able to use analytical skills to concisely and clearly make people in the countries understand what is expected from them. Able to advise difficult cases.
• Ability to track country performance by using standardized reports, signal and solve data quality issues, add clear explanations for the current status given your knowledge from working with the countries and inform management.
• Ability to build bridges, bring people together (interpersonal awareness), act as a sparring partner to various stakeholders
• Organizational sensitivity with persuasiveness-skills and ability to use indirect influence
• Ability to successfully manage different stakeholders on the operational, tactical and strategic level, and navigate through different cultural environments
• Able to train on the framework content the key control testing hub in Bratislava and Manila and support them while they perform their assurance work
• Strong work ethic combined with a structured and disciplined approach, resulting in ‘getting things done’
• Focused on timely and top-quality deliverables
Brief description of the company
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients over 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 50,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
Number of employees