Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. Being innovative and being agile are key elements for our future success and we expect you to be a driving force in this development. For our Business Shared Service Centre in Bratislava with almost 1000 employees, we are looking for a strategic People Services Expert Lead to enable the organization to attract and retain talents.
As the People Services Expert Lead, you lead the development and execution of Human Resources Administration (including end-to-end recruitment, payroll, employee and organizational data management, contact center and employee relations, benefits administration, and international mobility) within ING Business Shared Services Bratislava from vision and concept to sustainability, by managing and developing an expert team while taking into account our employees and ING’s needs, the environment and society.
You are combining, in an approximate ratio of 50/50, the role of an individual contributor and people manager in an Agile Way of Working (WoW) organization. You act as a servant-leader instead of a hierarchical top down manager. You are responsible for facilitating, supporting, and motivating your team members to achieve common goals.
As the People Services Expert Lead you are a team-player, solution-focussed, and broadly developed, with a positive can-do mind-set, living the ING’s Orange Code. Besides being a people manager, you also perform content-related tasks in the same area of expertise as your team members. Your content knowledge is sufficient to determine the future direction of your team, allows you to lead strategic discussions, as well as to manage stakeholders in your area of expertise.
Together with your team members you:
• Drive the approach and execution of HR administrative tasks connected with the entire employee lifecycle
• Together with Recruitment and Communications colleagues, act as an ambassador and spokesperson of ING towards both external candidates and stakeholders and towards existing ING colleagues
• Responsible for the timely review, modification, and implementation of local HR policies and procedures and to ensure these are in line with local government regulations as well as aligned to Global ING policies
• Implement best practices in risk management within the HR function
• Monitor and assess the performance and quality of the various HR services from an employee perspective and ensure that the HR function provides transparent, easy, and timely services to our employees
• Improve operational quality by identifying standardization opportunities and proposing innovative solutions in order to support ING employees better and more efficiently
• Actively build and manage relationships with third party providers of relevant human resources services (benefit providers, database providers, etc.)
• Collaborate with colleagues in other areas of Human Resources (i.e. HR Business Partner, Communities of Expertise) to implement the global HR Service and Delivery Model
• Meet the requirements of the position in accordance with internal and external legislation and regulations/policies
• When required, accountable for the successful delivery of all projects related to HR processes and IT systems changes for the local organization
Also, you are responsible for facilitating, supporting and motivating, as you:
• Continuously enhance our integrated way of working and you coach and support your Expert Team members on their way to self-steering and self-organizing
• Build strong team identity and apply the diverse skills and perspectives of your team members to achieve common goals
• Facilitate the HR cycle (staffing, planning, developing, reviewing and evaluating), balancing employee needs with company demands
• Drive engagement by creating a climate of openness, transparency, and trust where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
• Understand the emotional responses of team members and link self-awareness to action by leading by example and practice informal influence within the teams and organization
• Translate the ING and IBSS Bratislava Strategy into objectives and actions; create and support management messages and develop policies within the framework provided (or contribute to such development of such a framework)
You deliver continuous improvement (CI) and you manage risk as you:
• Become a role model in sponsoring improvement & innovation activities in your Expert Team
• Prove your problem-solving and strategic thinking capabilities
• Create an environment that fosters and supports CI/innovation for strategic improvements on all levels
• Ensure compliance and no reputational damage to ING or IBSS Bratislava
• Ensure changes are aligned with local legislation and global ING policies
• Understand the financial figures, manage cost development and cost savings effectively
Employee perks, benefits
• Life events (marriage/partnership, child birth/adoption, work anniversary)
• 3rd pillar retirement saving
• Life insurance
• Salary compensation during illness leave (PN)
• Cafeteria benefits
• Extra holiday days
• Fresh fruit at the workplace
• Company events, team buildings etc.
Information about the selection process
Please, send us your CV via email below. Please note, that we will reply only to selected candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Business Administration or related field
English - Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree ideally in Business Administration or related field
• Minimum 10 years of experience in HR administration field, including at least 3 years of people management
• Previous exposure to matrix reporting & multinational environment
• Demonstrable understanding of Slovak labor law
• Previous experience with managing a budget
• Experience with global transformation and global tools implementation is a plus
Brief description of the company
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients over 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 50,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
Number of employees