Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We are looking for an experienced Non-Financial Risk Officer for the role of ING Global Procurement Bank Business Control Officer (BCO).
As part of Global Procurement, Policies and Risk team is responsible for designing, implementing, supporting and controlling the global procurement policies and processes. We are also responsible for all external regulatory or policy requirements impacting procurement organization and ultimately the Bank. In addition, the team is responsible for the interactions with the ING policy framework functions, such as Enterprise Risk Management, global process management and various policy owners.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
The right candidate needs to have a strong risk awareness and knowledge, analytical skills, be proficient in disciplined execution, be capable of driving an effective NFR program and increased collaboration, align with and share bank-wide. This entails maintaining close links with all stakeholders within various locations but also on the corporate level, second and third line of defense.
As the GPB BCO you need to make sure that all applicable Non-Financial Risk (NFR) frameworks are operational effective for the Global Procurement Bank. This mean you will be responsible for implementing and testing the applicable NFR frameworks in an effective and efficient way, making use from the Control Hubs for key control testing activities. Activities you can expect but not limited to are the following:
o Representing the first line of defense in discussions with Policy Owner to define procurement control standards and its updates.
o As part of the team, develop an overview of the applicable NFR frameworks for GPB
o Implementation of the procurement related NFR control standards globally, including new and updated standards.
o Setup and maintain contact with the key stakeholders within the relevant processes;
o Identify and drive opportunities in the organization to improve compliance efforts and stimulate compliance awareness and compliant behavior;
o Participate in key NFR related projects in the business for a number of assigned NFR areas;
o Gain an in-depth understanding of the business processes and assess the relevant non-financial risks and controls;
o Perform monitoring including reporting;
o Prepare, initiate and manage the key control testing activities and preferably make use of Control Hubs and team up with other HQ departments in Amsterdam
o You will work closely together with our risk and compliance functions, Like Operational Risk Management Compliance and Legal.
o Stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, expertise teams, Front-Office organizations, and Service organizations both in central and local business lines
o Proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure non-financial risk in GPB is efficiently and effectively managed, enabling us to stay within ING risk appetite.
Employee perks, benefits
• Life events (marriage/partnership, child birth/adoption, work anniversary)
• 3rd pillar retirement saving
• Life insurance
• Salary compensation during illness leave (PN)
• Cafeteria benefits
• Extra holiday days
• Fresh fruit at the workplace
• Company events, teambuildings
• Referral bonus, etc.
Information about the selection process
Please, send us your CV in English via email below. Please note, that we will reply only to selected candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
Economics, Business, Law or other relevant area
English - Advanced (C1)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
• 3-5 year relevant experience (Operational Risk Management and/or Compliance);
• Experience in working in multi-national, complex organizations in a matrix environment in a senior subject matter expert role (banking is preferred)
• Skilled in translating legal/and or compliance requirements to business processes and controls;
• Knowledge of and experience with relevant Procurement compliance areas is advantage;
• Knowledge of and experience in process design and optimization;
• Fluent in English, written and spoken;
• Excellent communication, networking skills!;
• Make complex topics simple and transparent;
• Critical thinking with decisiveness;
• Excellent social and effective communication skills; able to influence and persuade;
• Proactive / hands-on attitude;
• Risk awareness;
• Ability to build bridges, bring people together (interpersonal awareness), act as a sparring partner to various stakeholders;
• Ability to manage different stakeholders on the operational, tactical and strategic level, and navigate through different cultural environments;
• Organizational sensitivity with persuasiveness-skills and ability to use indirect influence;
• Overcomes barriers for change and engages others to take action;
• A client focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence in a compliant environment;
• Strong work ethic combined with a structured and disciplined approach, resulting in ‘getting things done’.
Brief description of the company
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients over 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 50,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
Number of employees