Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
We are looking for Global Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support our Financial Market Client Control (FMCC) businesses globally. If you are an independent thinker, a team player, someone that embraces ING’s orange code values and who can help us to take FMCC team to the next level - we would like to meet you!
Job description, responsibilities and duties:
Global SME is responsible to define, organize, execute, manage and continuously improve operational processes, allowing the optimal realization of service(s) reducing operational risks and increasing operating efficiencies.
SME works in so-called self-managing team. This means they have the freedom to share their own ideas, expertise and experience with the team and deliver real added value in coming up with the best solutions for customers.
You play an essential role in ensuring the good reputation of ING, as you:
• Ensure the knowledge of banking products and operational processes is documented in work instructions and procedures.
• Coordinate activities to ensure qualitative and quantitative optimization of service delivery processes (technology, people, procedures, etc.) and ensure most appropriate approach is chosen for the delivery of services.
• Identify improvement areas and develop practical improvement solutions for existing processes, technology and organization.
• Implement process/technology/organization improvements and ensure proper understanding by involved parties.
• Align process activities with other teams/departments, ensuring the delivery of a coherent and comprehensive service.
Employee perks, benefits
• Working for international and stable financial institution
• Young and dynamic team
• Challenging work in the team that communicating with ING colleagues worldwide
• Opportunities for self-development
• Life events (marriage/partnership, child birth/adoption, work anniversary)
• 3rd pillar retirement saving
• Life insurance
• Salary compensation during illness leave (PN)
• Cafeteria benefits
• Extra holiday days
• Fresh fruit at the workplace
• Company events, teambuilding’s
• Referral bonus, etc.
Information about the selection process
Please, send us your CV via email below. Please note, that we will reply only to selected candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
*By legal requirement we are providing the information about the basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised position. Based on your experience/profile, the final financial conditions will be the subject to discuss and negotiate at the personal interview, however, not less than above mentioned minimum salary component.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
Secondary with school-leaving examination
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Advanced (C1)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
Personality requirements and skills:
• Banking or similar environment experience, proven knowledge and expertise (2 years), Shared services knowledge/experience a plus
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills who can build effective working relationship and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment
• Proactive, can-do, positive mind-set, team player;
• The ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion;
• Strong organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional and hierarchical lines, dealing with multiple (sometimes conflicting) interests;
• A strong focus on understanding the business requirements and supportive data to build the target operating model design in line with INGs ambitions;
• The ability to display flexibility to teams and adapt the plan, approach and behaviour to different needs, cultures and situations;
• Strong analytical skills and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English
• Strong skill set in the areas of personal effectiveness (i.e. adaptability, flexibility, independence, courage and self-confidence, accuracy, attention to detail), problem analysis & judgment, customer focus and investigative & learning ability
Brief description of the company
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients over 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 50,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
Number of employees