IKEA Industry is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of Inter IKEA Group. IKEA Industry has 41 production units in 10 countries with about 19 000 co-workers. Every year, IKEA Industry produces more than 100 million pieces of furniture for IKEA customers.
Division Purchase is the global purchase organization in IKEA Industry. We work in 5 Categories (Wood, Boards, Chemicals, Source and Foils, Edges & Paper). This enables us to form professional partnership with other parts of IKEA as well as within IKEA Industry, deliver a stronger price development and to meet increasing demands on sustainability compliance.
IKEA Industry, Division Purchase is looking for a
Business Developer / Strategic Purchaser
to further develop the IKEA supplier base for Indirect Materials & Services
The main scope of this positions includes:
• To lead the strategic purchasing agenda for the production site and suppliers within the area of responsibility, by involving and engaging the competence needed such as manufacturing, logistics, quality and sustainability.
• Maintaining professional long-term supplier relations.
• Overall responsibility for supplier management.
• Driving the supplier development process to secure long term competitive capacities and Material/Services sourced in required quality and under good conditions.
• Securing compliance with purchase process.
• Business focus on Standardizing & Optimizing Supplier Base and Compliance with Purchase Process for Indirect Material & Services during FY19.
You can succeed in this position if you:
• Have extensive experience with sourcing development activities
• Have knowledge of purchase strategy tool and value chain principles
• Strong focus on stakeholder management
• Can work with remote management set-up
• Share the IKEA values
• Have strong business ethics
• Can do business with a holistic view
• Can communicate (written and verbally) in English
• Have good presentation and negotiation skills
• Have high self-drive and at the same time ability to work in a team.
The position requires both national and international traveling.
We offer you:
Possibilities for further professional, career and personal development. A variety of tasks and projects, supporting and experienced management, an international business environment and a good working atmosphere!
We are flexible regarding location between the following IKEA Industry sites:Slovakia (Malacky, Trnava), Poland (Goleniów, Orla, Wielbark)
We are a diverse group of people working together, sharing the humanistic IKEA values. The values are the foundation of our work. By living them, we form the unique IKEA culture where team spirit and togetherness are key. In a constantly growing IKEA, every individual is taken care of, respected, acknowledged and included.
People are themselves, and respecting the uniqueness of every individual makes IKEA better.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Blanka Hladka, Category Manager Source at +421 903 245 304. We look forward to receive your application in English before June 3 , 2018.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
Brief description of the company
IKEA Industry je medzinárodná priemyselná skupina, ktorá bola založená v roku 1991 spoločnosťou IKEA a zameriava sa na výrobu a distribúciu nábytku. IKEA Industry je dynamicky sa rozvíjajúca spoločnosť, v ktorej môže každý prispieť svojím nápadom či názorom. Sme si vedomí toho, že naši ľudia sú cennou devízou, bez ktorej by tento rozvoj nebol možný. Vytvárame pracovné podmienky, umožňujúce zamestnancom neustály rozvoj.Spracovanie dreva a výroba výrobkov z dreva, výroba nábytku.
Main focus of the company's activities
Wood processing, manufacture of wood products, manufacture of furniture