IKEA Industry is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of Inter IKEA Group. IKEA Industry has 41 production units in 10 countries with about 19 000 co-workers. Every year, IKEA Industry produces more than 100 million pieces of furniture for IKEA customers.
Division Purchase is the global purchase organization in IKEA Industry. We work in 5 Categories (Wood, Boards, Chemicals, Source and Foils, Edges & Paper). This enables us to form professional partnership with other parts of IKEA as well as within IKEA Industry, deliver a stronger price development and to meet increasing demands on sustainability compliance.
IKEA Industry Group, Purchase Division is looking for a
Category Developer, Indirect Material & Services
We are flexible regarding location between the following IKEA Industry sites:Slovakia (Malacky, Trnava), Poland (Goleniów, Konstantynow, Orla, Wielbark).
The main scope of this positions includes:
• Leading the strategic purchase agenda of Indirect Materials & Services Category segment with the global IKEA Industry scope
• Creating and implementing the purchase strategy within assigned category segment
• Overall responsibility for new purchase markets development
• Building sustainable long term relationships with prioritized suppliers
• Driving the supplier development process
• Development of saving projects, identification of cost reduction opportunities
To succeed in this position, we believe you have:
• Extensive experience from sourcing development activities
• Thorough knowledge of purchase strategy tool and value chain principles
• Knowledge of contract management
• Experience from strategic sourcing set ups on global level
• Strong business ethics
• A holistic view when doing business
• Very good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Experience of working in remote teams as well as in a matrix set-up
The position requires both national and international traveling.
We offer you:
• Possibilities for further professional, career and personal development
• Variety of tasks and projects
• Supporting and experienced management, business environment and good working atmosphere.
We are a diverse group of people working together, sharing the humanistic IKEA values. The values are the foundation of our work. By living them, we form the unique IKEA culture where team spirit and togetherness are key. In a constantly growing IKEA, every individual is taken care of, respected, acknowledged and included.
People are themselves, and respecting the uniqueness of every individual makes IKEA better.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Blanka Hladka, Category Manager Source at +421 903 245 304
We look forward to receive your application in English before 15 of June, 2018!
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
Brief description of the company
IKEA Industry je medzinárodná priemyselná skupina, ktorá bola založená v roku 1991 spoločnosťou IKEA a zameriava sa na výrobu a distribúciu nábytku. IKEA Industry je dynamicky sa rozvíjajúca spoločnosť, v ktorej môže každý prispieť svojím nápadom či názorom. Sme si vedomí toho, že naši ľudia sú cennou devízou, bez ktorej by tento rozvoj nebol možný. Vytvárame pracovné podmienky, umožňujúce zamestnancom neustály rozvoj.Spracovanie dreva a výroba výrobkov z dreva, výroba nábytku.
Main focus of the company's activities
Wood processing, manufacture of wood products, manufacture of furniture