It makes sense that a company built on reinvention would look for the same thing in the people who work there. IBM is looking for people interested in transforming their experience into a career where real results are delivered for clients all over the world.
IBM IS NOW HIRING Statutory Accounting Analyst - French speaker
Primary job category
We are looking for French speaking experienced accountant to join our Statutory Department within Regional Accounting Center of IBM.
- Job role consists mostly of preparation of financial statements under International Financial Standards (IFRS), while ensuring compliance with regulatory and external reporting requirements and statutory filing deadlines for IBM legal entities and operations.
- Accounting of local IBM organizations/country entities is, during the course of current accounting year, driven by US GAAP standards and being accounted focusing on US GAAP books. After these books are closed for the current year, local IBM organization is obliged to get the US GAAP financial figures adjusted to the local law requirements.
- Job role includes providing advice and counsel to management on US and local GAAP, including analysis and reconciliation of similarities and differences on the accounting treatment.
- Statutory accountant works on identification of US GAAP to Statutory differences, adjustment analysis & decision making on proper accounting treatment, communication with external audit team, and provision of the support to local tax team. Subsequently the sign off phase follows; this lies in receiving the auditors report and chain of internal approvals, followed by Financial Statement filing in the form and time as prescribed by local law.
- The reporting cycle is concluded with execution of internal controls - SOX, reconciliations and post process assessment to identify areas of improvements.
- Statutory accountant must perform his/her tasks the way ensuring all milestones of reporting cycle are met on time in order to avoid any risks that may result from late external filing or failure to any law obligations.
Statutory accountant job role includes communication with various counterparts – external audit firms, and internal teams covering diverse region and many areas of business. The activities are done for IBM entities within Central & Eastern Europe and Middle East and Africa region.
- Fluent French - verbal and written and fluent English
- 2 years of audit experience or 3 to 5 years of experience with complex accounting
- Analytical and logical thinking with ability to make fast and accurate decisions based on available facts
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player with ability to work under pressure
Preference will be given to the candidates who hold the relevant rights to work within the EU.
The Benefits will include:
• Performance evaluation on regular basis
• Flexible working time (core hours from 9 am to 3 pm)
• Home office
• 20 or 25 days of holiday + 3 additional vacation days
• 3 sick days
• 100% sick leave compensation
• Parking facilities for bikes and cars
• Education package (ACCA, classroom or e-learning courses, internal or external trainings)
• Recommend-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
• Life insurance and supplementary pension savings program
• ProCare - private medical center
• MultiSport card
• Special IBM discounts
• Attractive Well-being program including Sitting massages
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.