It makes sense that a company built on reinvention would look for the same thing in the people who work there. IBM is looking for people interested in transforming their experience into a career where real results are delivered for clients all over the world.
IT Business AnalystWould you like to work on a team whose mission is to create productive environment for the people who work at IBM ?
We are looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our team to support IBM’s internal mainframe application and help us transform this legacy application to new age technology solution in cloud (Salesforce).
IT Specialists in this job role have expertise in analysis and description of business processes, and their translation into IT requirements. You will act as the interpreter between the worlds of IT and business and as a transformation enabler.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, database knowledge, programming experience as well as a passion for problem-solving. Ideally, you are comfortable with ambiguity and accessing and working with data from multiple sources. This is a perfect position for someone who loves data and knows how to work fast and smart.
About the application:
CEDS (Customer Engineering Data Server) is operational data store used to integrate data from multiple internal IBM sources (customer, inventory, contracts) in order to provide data to downstream applications for further processing to determine the correct entitlement level for IBM customers. Data is received, transformed and sent downstream via batch processing.
What your daily task will look like?
- Complete system administration tasks, including regular maintenance activities (monitoring batch processes/data clean-up activities etc.) to ensure quality data has been processed.
- Understand and complete compliance requirements when completing activities to ensure high security data standards.
- Perform problem management activities working effectively with our support teams and interface partners to resolve application issues in timely manner, avoiding low quality data processing.
- Translate client requirements into technical requirements and recommends a total IT solution.
- This role documents and analyses requirements from a business perspective, defines current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client and the IT Architect to ensure proper translation of business requirements to IT solution requirements.
- Engage in all areas of the projects activities including move to production activities, to ensure minimal disruption to the business.
- Gain an overall knowledge of both the CEDS application, include up and down stream system interface including data flows and a general knowledge of the business process, to be in a position to support all requests that pass through to the team.
- Identify process and system improvement opportunities by partnering with internal teams, monitoring metrics and analysing performance.
- Learn new force.com (Salesforce) platform.
- Work in the Agile way of working and help the team to adopt DevOps practices.
What do you need for your success?
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Fluent English
- Ability to translate business requirements into IT requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Task ownership, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Understanding of business application support (Problem /Change management process)
- Previous experience with DB2/SQL
- Experience with Agile and DevOps frameworks (Kanban, Scrum, Scrumban)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Previous experience with OOP (APEX, Java, .NET or similar)
- Testing experience
- Basic z/OS, JCL/PL1 understanding
- Experience with Force.com
Prehlásenie o rovnosti príležitostí
Spoločnosť IBM sa snaží vytvárať diverzifikované prostredie a je hrdá, že sa môže radiť medzi zamestnávateľov, ktorí podporujú rovnosť príležitostí. Všetci kvalifikovaní uchádzači budú posudzovaní bez ohľadu na rasu, farbu pleti, vierovyznanie, pohlavie, sexuálnu identitu alebo orientáciu, národnostný pôvod, genetické vlohy, zdravotné postihnutie a vek. Spoločnosť IBM sa tiež zaviazala dodržiavať všetky postupy spravodlivého zamestnávania z hľadiska občianskej príslušnosti a prisťahovalectva.