It makes sense that a company built on reinvention would look for the same thing in the people who work there. IBM is looking for people interested in transforming their experience into a career where real results are delivered for clients all over the world.
IBM IS NOW HIRING Senior IT Manager (Ref. No.: 104043BR)Would you like to start your career in international company?
The world nowadays is changing faster than ever. Technology and data are reshaping industries and our lives. IBM’s access to state of the art analytics, machine learning (Watson), cloud, blockchain, etc. along with our affinity to experiment and pilot make this a truly unique opportunity to engage, learn, and lead.
New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. As the Functional Manager in our organization, you will be leading an agile team who is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and automating a 24x7 global internal IBM application. You will use your IT and operations knowledge and experience in order to bridge the gap between IT operations and application development. Your focus will be on transforming a Legacy Mainframe environment, PL1 coded, into more advanced and flexible technologies. You will provide expertise and coaching for the team in all matters related to environments setup and maintenance, deployment, building and release processes. We expect the Functional Manager will help the team to write deployment scripts, and maintain their environments.Besides this technical aspect of this role, we expect this person to act as a leader working with our technical teams across the domain.
About the application:
CHIS (Contract handling International Solution) is being one of the most complex and robust application through which is processed more then 7.0 Billion USD a year, supporting currently 74 countries globally and in 2017 we expect to board another set of countries. Over the last two decades CHIS has evolved from a tactical Europe contract management solution to the strategic WW application covering the Technology Support Services (TSS) proposal and contract management. The CHIS application suite supports a broad range of user groups and covers the complete lifecycle for TSS contract management from initial proposal creation until billing. From a technical perspective, CHIS Application Suite is a mix of technologies, the core applications is Legacy (CFL and PLI on z/OS, IMS), in addition we have a variety of user front end tools (mainly Java applications and a few Web applications).
- At least two years of experience in managing and Leading IT teams using Agile methodologies and enabling continuous delivery pipeline
- Good understanding of DevOps best practices, approaches and methodologies, able to create necessary agile DevOps metrics for measuring and assessing maturity
- Practical experience in leading the design and implementation phases for new and/or existing products, with a focus on providing technical expertise for successful execution.
- Ability to translate business processes into IT solutions
- Experience working in Agile environment with developer workflow & comfortable with frequent releases, testing, and deployment
- Strong communication skills and ability to align organization on complex technical decisions
- Used to mentor and coach across the organization to its best
- Ability to drive organizational design and change effectively
IT Coding Skills required:
- Basic knowledge of Automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins or similar setup, admin and plugin development,
Personal Skills required:
- Very good Communication and interpersonal Skills
- Have capacity to learn and work independently / with team as the time demands
- Customer Obsessed
- Understand business & focus on high quality
- Ensures all activities are reviewed from a customer’s viewpoint
- Ensures agreed service levels are achieved for self and team
- Is Ambitious & Competitive
- Sets clear and challenging goals for self
- Removes barriers to making things happen
- Helps others to concentrate on priorities
- Ensures team makes effective use of available resources
- Is Innovation Hungry
- Continually monitor the opportunity and/or necessity for changes and improvements, with a specific focus on cost efficiency and improved time-to-market
- Finds ways to be more effective
- Knows what we’re trying to achieve and change our approach when the old way isn’t working
- Facilitates the generation of ideas from own team
- Takes calculated risks rather than miss opportunities
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.