If you have a strong software development background and experience with BigData frameworks/projects, data streaming, batch processing and/or if you feel excited about working with lots of data, that’s a perfect fit for you! As a Data Engineer, you will primarily report to your Technical Lead.
Possibility of working remote (anywhere in Slovakia)/on-site.
Salary3 200 EUR/monthOffered salary varies based on relevant experience and skills. Starting at 2400 EUR/m for Mid-level and 3200 EUR/m for Senior position. Annual salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
Your roleGoHealth is looking for Senior Data Engineers who will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of its various batch and streaming data pipelines. We are seeking candidates who have experience in building large batch pipelines, as well as experiencing building stable, high throughput streaming systems. In this role, you will work with other members of Engineering, Product and Project Management, and various business groups to ensure timely availability of usable data to all parts of the business that need it.
- Design, develop and deploy batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Monitor and ensure operational stability of data pipelines.
- Create and maintain documentation of the technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipelines.
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout entire data pipeline.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Engineering Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new data-related processes and/or reports.
15 years of experience
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. As a leader in providing technical solutions in health insurance mediation, we have a robust digital platform that covers the entire life cycle of customers and helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. We work with the cutting-edge technologies and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are systematically modernizing our technological stack. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building easily maintainable software. That’s where you come in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- 4+ years of experience in the design and development of data pipelines and tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues and fine tuning queries.
- Experience extracting data from relational and document databases.
- Experience consuming data over HTTP and in formats such as HTML, XML, and JSON.
- Knowledge of and experience with a version control system (such as Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc).
- Proficiency in Java or Python programming languages.
- Familiarity with data warehousing platforms, such as Redshift, Snowflake, SQL Server, etc.
- Written and spoken communication skills in English (B2 category)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we're dedicated to building an inclusive working environment. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
If you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.