GoHealth is looking to add a Lead Software Engineer to play an important part in designing high-performing, scalable, web-based software solutions that handle a high volume of transactions each day.
Salary4 500 EUR/monthOffered salary varies based on relevant experience and skills. Annual salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
Your roleAs a senior member of our software engineering team, you are experienced with software design, architecture, construction, testing, deployment, and support in an Agile environment. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be an important contributor to our software development at GoHealth, and serve as an expert in our organization and a leader to your team. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Architect high-quality, well-tested, reliable software
- Work with Product Management, Quality Assurance, and other Engineers in an agile environment
- Develop engineering teams in implementing important new business functionality
- Be an internal champion in code quality, reuse, and extensibility
- Develop knowledge of GoHealth platform architecture and applications
15 years of experience
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. As a leader in providing technical solutions in health insurance mediation, we have a robust digital platform that covers the entire life cycle of customers and helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. We work with the cutting-edge technologies and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are systematically modernizing our technological stack. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building easily maintainable software. That’s where you come in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- 7 or more years of software development experience (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and operating production systems)
- Experienced in leading and empowering a team of technical engineers
- Well-rounded experience, with a generalist background in front-end React, Angular or Vuejs and back-end Java/Spring and Nodejs development (strong backend experience is required)
- Knowledge of software development process, automation, and quality assurance
- Experience with Linux or *BSD, and Open-Source tools, frameworks, and technologies
- Experience working with multiple types of databases/application servers
- Experience with various hosting solutions and cloud services such as AWS, Heroku, Azure, VPS, on-premise, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English since you’ll work directly with our Chicago-based team. Must be able to communicate an architecture effectively, have excellent rationale, and be able to justify it convincingly to peers
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we're dedicated to building an inclusive working environment. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
If you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.